Pitt Race 5/21-22 Garage and Power Update

jcurtis

Control Rider
N2
Now that PIRC is starting their first full year with the Full Course they have changed a few things related to garage and power rentals.

GARAGES: All garage rentals are to be made directly with Pitt Race. They only allow a certain number of motorcycles per bay (power requirements for tire warmers) so check with them on the limitations. You can reach them directly at (724) 535-1000.

POWER: Attached is a diagram from PIRC showing the exterior power locations with type and number of receptacles. All power will be on when you arrive and can be paid for at the pro shop until 8 on Friday. If anyone comes in after 8 they can pay Saturday morning. Anyone parked in a power spot will be expected to pay for power or move.

The N2 rig will be setup around the power pole adjacent to the North paddock garages (between the garages & track). Please leave that area for the N2 rig and the directors.

GATES WILL BE OPEN @ 6PM. There is another event on full course Friday.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 220 V Map Electric (2).pdf
    83.5 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:

dave675

$25 a day

There are 15 or so big spots in a row, with some other power spots scattered around the track. There were plenty of open spots last time.

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
I believe the Yamaha Demo rig will now be equipped to rent Yamaha Generators at $20/Day if you find that you need power. This should also be available at other tracks moving forward like NC Bike where power is limited or non existent. You can check with support to reserve in advance. There are a very limited number of units.

Rick Crespo

I believe the Yamaha Demo rig will now be equipped to rent Yamaha Generators at $20/Day if you find that you need power. This should also be available at other tracks moving forward like NC Bike where power is limited or non existent. You can check with support to reserve in advance. There are a very limited number of units.

Excellent idea.

rlong.us

Ron Long
To save anyone the trouble:

I just called the track and all electric is sold out for the weekend, Garage 12 is the only garage left (near tower in event building). $75/day.

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
And just FYI - the event center garages have almost enough power that each bay can run a couple sets of warmers. Any more than that and the event center breakers blow. I've got a garage bay reserved for all events this year (reserved it months ago) but we are really careful about power. The event center power has never been upgraded since the lower garages were built or power put in in the lower pit/paddock areas, and it's apparently too expensive to retrofit better power up there according to the current track management. If you try to put 4 bikes on warmers in a single garage bay up there you will blow the breaker.

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
Bill I am tired of hearing stories about you blowing something. Maybe time to ride an Austrian?

Thank you Tom! That was EXACTLY the motivation I needed for PittRace :)

BTW, I'm working on sourcing some off-road gear to play with.....

Ronstopable

Control Rider
Director
Don't worry Bill I will ensure the list of undesirables is kept out of your garage. Except me,, I can't keep me out of the garage I'm part of the package.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
I called Thursday and they said there is an event going on so gates will open at 6 pm on Friday. If anybody hears different please post. Thanks

Yep, I asked that last year (check out the date stamp) and it seems 6PM is the accepted norm for Pitt Race to open their gates for entry for all the events I've attended there.