First Ride With N2 8/26 Summit Main

Donald Black

16 R1 , Complete n00b
Howdy folls! I just had my first track day with N2 and I had one of the most awesome times of my life! First of all, Summit Main is a great track. But mostly, N2 is one badass group of people!
Yesterday was the 16th trackday for me this season, and of my career. And I can say, beyond any shadow of a doubt, that I received more coaching in this 1 day than I have in the other 15 days combined! I needed to hear the constructive criticism. The control riders would follow me to my paddock , even if I came off early, to tell me what they seen that i needed to work on.
What i am trying to say is....Thank you, thank you all from the bottom of my heart for working with me, even when i had no clue you were Lol . You all don't know what this day meant to me
N2 is a great group and I will now make a conscious effort to ride with you more often. And a huge Thank You to Les, you were a driving force for the day
Oh , and BTW Les, Lisa says hello

tdelegram

Control Rider
Great work out there yesterday, hopefully we see you at Pitt. If you’re able to make Pitt also look into the ATP class, it follows the ycrs curriculum we spoke about and it will help you a lot.

Tom

Donald Black

16 R1 , Complete n00b
Bullocks? I haven't heard of that one before. Would love to join in on the air fence fundraiser though. Very important for what we all do =)

LesPow

Control Rider
Hey Don,
Great hanging with you and Nicole over the weekend. Cant wait to see how you progress with all the plans that you have for track days and racing. You have come a long way in a short period and doing great. I am shocked and surprised at how well you are riding, but lets keep that positive momentum going in the direction of safety, fun and learning from the best possible schools and teachers. As Tom and I have made suggestions, I'm sure you will be just fine. Good luck and see you soon.

Donald Black

16 R1 , Complete n00b
Great work out there yesterday, hopefully we see you at Pitt. If you’re able to make Pitt also look into the ATP class, it follows the ycrs curriculum we spoke about and it will help you a lot.

Tom
Making plans for the YCRS , guess I will make plans for the ATP also. I need every bit of training I can get , I see this now. Thank you again , Tom, for your help. And thanks for the attempt to bump me to A group Lol

tdelegram

Control Rider
Making plans for the YCRS , guess I will make plans for the ATP also. I need every bit of training I can get , I see this now. Thank you again , Tom, for your help. And thanks for the attempt to bump me to A group Lol
Your close, keep working and enjoy the ride, it’s fun slicing through traffic but humbling going to the next group.

virtualsolitude

Musician, physician but mostly fond of fishin'.

Tom

Now that this has been mentioned, how does the ATP differ from the Race Licensing School (other than the obvious 'get your race license')?

I debated on doing the Race Licensing School. But it was my first time back on the track after 5 yrs and I was riding a track bike I just bought 2 days earlier. Thought it better to get re-acclimated to riding on the track again.

virtualsolitude

But I'd like to do the ATP or something instructional. Those "I" group riders wearing the red shirts were flying! :)

adotjdot

Control Rider
ATP/3C
But I'd like to do the ATP or something instructional. Those "I" group riders wearing the red shirts were flying! :)
ATP is focused on teaching riding technique derived directly from YCRS. Take a look here for some more info: https://www.n2td.org/atp/

The race school is designed to prepare you for the logistics of how a race day is run and organized. It is not structured around learning riding technique.

Two different offerings.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

virtualsolitude

ATP is focused on teaching riding technique derived directly from YCRS. Take a look here for some more info: https://www.n2td.org/atp/

The race school is designed to prepare you for the logistics of how a race day is run and organized. It is not structured around learning riding technique.

Two different offerings.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks. I never took the time to read that page to the end. That sounds interesting. And there's two course offerings left in 2019. Which track would you recommend taking ATP at: PittRace or NCBike?

tdelegram

Control Rider
Both are fun tracks, Pitt offers more in terms of length, elevation changes and blind corners. NC has some very long turns that allow you to concentrate on BP and throttle steering, the grip there is exceptional. Not sure if there is a preferred track for ATP but if you ride one of the 2 more often I would start there less learning which way the track goes and more ability to apply techniques in the future.