New to N2, Had a great time at PittRace!

SkierJohnny

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to say hi and thank you for all the kind folks and hospitality at Pitt by N2!

My gf Elle was on the Repsol 600RR in N, got bumped to I. I'm John and was riding the blue Apex Daytona 675 in I (until I lowsided in T5:rofl:). Elle appreciated the bump (and coaches messing with her on track haha, thanks Lenny), and I appreciated the coaches that stopped by to make sure I was ok post-crash and discuss what happened. Also, thanks to Jack for helping get us situated...he was a good pit neighbor.

It was our first time riding with N2, and while we had to get used to some minor org differences, everyone was very helpful getting us up to speed quickly - we had a GREAT time and we both loved the track...one of our new faves! We will be back!

PS If anyone caught my (unintentional) elbow drag on GoPro, let me know:rofl::cool: It was the 3pm session in T5.

tdelegram

Control Rider
Elle was riding really well, I glad I caught up to her to see it. I was also happy to orchestrate the “special attention”! Glad you both enjoyed it, Pitt is one of if not the premier track on the east coast.

TimTheAsian

Fresh off the Boat
Staff member
Control Rider
Nice! Congrats! Did Elle run any intermediate sessions after the bump? What did she think?

Motofun352

Control Rider
Great to hear good news from new to N2 folks! You both were doing well...at least until you left the most impressive black steak in turn 5 that I've ever seen! :eek:. Glad you're OK, bikes can be fixed...which reminds me, I've got some work to do too. :(

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
Yeah, the blackie in 5 was most impressiveo_O. I'm glad you had a good time. Elle was on the radar early on. Pitt takes some time to get comfortable on due to all the elevation change and blind entry/exits. The things that make it fun are the things that make it a challenge to learn. Once you put all the pieces together it is so much fun. See you in 2020!!! Schedule usually gets posted around Thanksgiving with a "Preliminary" schedule. Id say 80% of the schedule is nailed down and released at that time.

YoshiHNS

I'll jump in. My first time at Pitt and first with N2. Track was a ton of fun. I was really surprised at how much the track cleared up after lunch. Layout was a ton of fun. Turn 14 was awesome once I figured where things were. While it was interesting to get a front seat view of my bike doing a somersault in the lawn at T1, I could have done without it :(. (R&W CBR F2.5). Can't wait for next year.

Next time I'll know to spend the night and bring more stuff to share. :)

Joe B

Lenny ZX9R

Control Rider
My gf Elle was on the Repsol 600RR in N, got bumped to I. I'm John and was riding the blue Apex Daytona 675 in I (until I lowsided in T5:rofl:). Elle appreciated the bump (and coaches messing with her on track haha, thanks Lenny), and I appreciated the coaches that stopped by to make sure I was ok post-crash and discuss what happened. Also, thanks to Jack for helping get us situated...he was a good pit neighbor.

Hi John! We had a feeling after we saw how Elle was riding that she would get the "Bump"! She really stood out in the group and followed the rules of the "N" group! We like to give just a little more attention to folks that we are going to bump and Elle Did great! She always kept her line and wasn't spooked when we got a little close!
Again sorry to see that you went "oops" but you came out in good shape! It was great to meet both of you and we all look forward to seeing you and Elle next year!

SkierJohnny

Hi John! We had a feeling after we saw how Elle was riding that she would get the "Bump"! She really stood out in the group and followed the rules of the "N" group! We like to give just a little more attention to folks that we are going to bump and Elle Did great! She always kept her line and wasn't spooked when we got a little close!
Again sorry to see that you went "oops" but you came out in good shape! It was great to meet both of you and we all look forward to seeing you and Elle next year!
For the most part except that coach pass to right . Haha kiddding...great times!

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
I'll jump in. My first time at Pitt and first with N2. Track was a ton of fun. I was really surprised at how much the track cleared up after lunch. Layout was a ton of fun. Turn 14 was awesome once I figured where things were. While it was interesting to get a front seat view of my bike doing a somersault in the lawn at T1, I could have done without it :(. (R&W CBR F2.5). Can't wait for next year.

Next time I'll know to spend the night and bring more stuff to share. :)

Joe B

Joe, glad to have you join us. Sorry about T1. That blind entry sneaks up on ya. Staying the night is nice to be able to meet and hang out with everyone. Hope to see you out next season.