Which advice is most commonly used?

• best

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • better

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

StreetRider

Good evening to all. I've just bought an enclosed trailer and is starting a full renovation. I'm a little bit confused on how to implement the electrical installation. This is what I want: 9ea outlets-two of which is exterior for Tire Warmers, Air Conditioning and Interior Lights. I am opting for a 30amp connection but see so many type of connections. I want a Twist Lock and waterproof connection. Also a connection for a regular 110 connection. Maybe a combination receiving unit. I'm grateful for any advice.

meanstrk

Control Rider
Just do a 30 amp RV connection and get the adapters for 110. Run into a breaker box and branch out from there using ohms law for the breaker allocation for outlets. The outside outlets will see the most current use due to tire warmers. You may have a high amperage breaker inside depending on microwave/coffee pot.

StreetRider

Just do a 30 amp RV connection and get the adapters for 110. Run into a breaker box and branch out from there using ohms law for the breaker allocation for outlets. The outside outlets will see the most current use due to tire warmers. You may have a high amperage breaker inside depending on microwave/coffee pot.
Thank you very much

kappy1000

Control Rider
Director
Recommend you also utilize GFCI outlets, as well as wiring to ensure you inadvertently don't get a "hot" trailer chassis / skin. Many articles written on this topic.

Dave561

Control Rider
Director
First. No offense, but if you have no electrical experience be careful. you may not want to do this yourself.
Second. Sounds like you may be asking more than you are capable of running on a 30amp service. Just because you can add all those outlets doesn’t mean you can run it all at the same time.

StreetRider

Thanks to all. Good advice Dave, but this is becoming a 'labor of love'. Don't really know the meaning of the word 'can't'. I do extensive research and the things that I don't fully understand, I reach out and ask for help. When all is done I will get it inspected. I think that this one will be OK. Thanks for your input both on the track and off. I really appreciate you.