Recent content by Aaron Meade

1. Aaron Meade

minimalist track day setup

Thanks for all the replies. I think I should be able to cobble together a pretty adequate setup to get started with. I'm riding a street bike, so no need of tire warmers. I can live without power otherwise, so no generator. I guess I'll probably evolve my gear as time goes on if I get deeper...
  2. Aaron Meade

It will be interesting to see the elaborate setups and super fa$t bikes I am sure some people will show up with.
  3. Aaron Meade

Excellent thanks! How much gas should I plan to carry in? I believe I have the rest covered, though I’ll need to buy some pit stands. I may or may not buy a canopy and chair(s). My camping setup is a hammock with rain/shade fly setup on a portable frame if car camping where there are no...
  4. Aaron Meade

I'm converting a trailer previously used to tow a small sailboat into my bike trailer. I'll be towing it with a mid-size sedan. I've got a pretty good trailer design in mind, and will be getting it done over the next few weeks. I will have a little bit of room on the deck for gas cans, and...
  5. Aaron Meade

New to N2 and Track Days...

The difference between a track day and a race probably isn't going matter when a savvy claims adjuster decides to look into the details after a crash. I definitely would not take a financed bike onto the track. This topic has me wondering about my long and short term disability coverage...
  6. Aaron Meade

You certainly won't be lacking any lung capacity!
  7. Aaron Meade

Awesome bike. I'm kind of a Yamaha fan for no particular reason, but I've had a thing for the GSX-R 750 since they first appeared in the pages of Cycle World when I was a kid. I liked the old Superbike rules that had the 1000cc twins against the 750cc fours. Then Ducati had to ruin it by...
  8. Aaron Meade

2004 Yamaha R6 YZF-600R

I am super tempted by this. It would fit my needs perfectly. I am sure it will be gone by the time the 2020 days get started...
  9. Aaron Meade

What do you guys think of this as a first track bike? '06 600RR

As a fellow track noob, I’d heavily consider. Blown fork seals could mean excessive wheelies. See if you can get an idea about its maintenance schedule. I’d rather buy a bike with higher mileage that had been rigorously maintained than a low mileage bike that has been “rode hard and put up...
  10. Aaron Meade

Kids and Dogs

Im in Cincinnati on the KY side if the river. PA, WV, and VA tracks will be the closest, but I think all of the tracks are within striking distance. I’m fortunate to have liberal amounts of Vacation available (I wish I could say the same for cash) so I should be able to pick any of the dates...
  11. Aaron Meade

Kids and Dogs

Definitely not. Kids aren't coming unless and until I have trusted help. Glad you are ok (assuming you are ok). That sounds like a wild ride.
  12. Aaron Meade

Kids and Dogs

I just saw this.... :eek:
  13. Aaron Meade

Kids and Dogs

I hadn't actually considered the possibility that I could get hurt. Of course I'm not planning on it, but it could happen. Like you, I never leave my kids with anyone I don't have full confidence and faith in. And now that I'm thinking about it, I can't see anyone on my list of trustables...
  14. Aaron Meade

Kids and Dogs

As a parent, I often struggle with taking time to do something totally selfish (like riding my motorcycle around a racetrack) that takes me away from time with my kids. Of course the key is balance. I'm not going to be riding every weekend, just as I don't ride on the street every weekend...
  15. Aaron Meade

Kids and Dogs

Good point, I would not want to have my kids or my dog out all day in that kind of heat. I’d need to have a hotel room, and someone to shuttle them. All the more reason I’ll likely be doing these events solo. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk