Recent content by Gaitherb

1. G

atlanta motor speedway

I didn't get a call, but I did receive a letter asking if I wanted to participate...and offering 75.00 for the evaluation. The weather is supposed to be pretty crappy this weekend in Atlanta.
  2. G

New Bike Shop Open in Marietta GA By Pro Rider

:agree: Opie has worked on my bikes for the last three years and I've never had a complaint. As far as giving you pointers, that's probably one of his favorite things to do -- he was/is a Schwantz School Instructor. The guy has literally drawn certain turns at RA for me and showed me braking...
  3. G

getting ready for 2011 season

Regarding getting in "track" shape, a good buddy of mine is a professional racer and he and his racer buddies all suggested that I take up cycling in the off season for cardio endurance and for muscle endurance (leg). I workout three to four times a week throughout the year with very little...
  4. G

New guy in GA

Ron: Welcome! Nesba is a great organization and Road Atlanta is great track. I'm in Atlanta and my name is Ron. Look me up at next year's Road Atlanta event. Black GSXR 750 number 288 Advanced group.
  5. G

As promised, humble pie vid from RA

Amen! I've only been riding in the A group for this season and I have been really impressed with the level of capable/fast riders in the group, but that last Road Atlanta weekend was on another level! We would grid up and the grid marshall would essentially turn loose about 40 rockets through...
  6. G

rrrace tires?

Both are great brands. I have the Woodcraft Digital and I'm fan of Woodcraft's burn protection disconnect system and the side skirts -- great overall design. My track buddy has the Chicken Hawks and although they're a great system, the side skirts and the burn protection on the Woodcraft just...
  7. G

Late fee?

Agreed. Although the original poster may be a whiner, it's obvious that other members have had issues with the "late fee" at registration. Bottom line, it's a great organization whereby there is some thought that goes into the rules and there's an attempt by the organization to address...
  8. G

Late fee?

With a tweak in policy and marketing, you can eliminate the term "late fee" and make the slight increase in cost more palatable. For instance, simply market a single trackday at a cost of 225.00, but if you pay 14 days (or whatever the current rule is) prior to the event, the event is only...
  9. G

Road Atlanta SAT and Sunday

Ian: Thanks. Check for pm. Ron
  10. G

I haven't heard anything either...
  11. G

Road A Let me know what the status of this sale is. I'd like to buy both or whatever is left over. Thanks, Ron Pm sent as well
  12. G

Thanks to Jeff Floyd -- A Bump

Steve: Thanks for the spot! Opie only rode on Friday, so I didn't get a chance to ride with him. But in Opie fashion, I hear he was dropping 31's on his bone stock GSXR 750 -- on Q2's! Get out of jury duty and ride with us at Barber...!
  13. G

'Preciate it. Some fast guys running in A group....couple of guys on 1000's blew past me in turn 9 -- hauling azz! Should be a fun season chasing the fast guys.
  14. G

Wanted to say thanks to Jeff Floyd for the A Bump on Saturday. I was riding a Black/White 07 GSXR 750 number 288. During the lunch break, Jeff took the time to find me in the paddock to give me the bump to A Group. I wasn't looking for a bump, but Jeff assurred me that I'd be fine running...
  15. G

5-29-10 RA Sale $185

PM sent. I will take them.