Recent content by Joe Vital

1. Joe Vital

New organization

And to add, Rob if you need any help with anything at the track please let me know.
  2. Joe Vital

New organization

If this happens I will be there.
  3. Joe Vital

2014 Schedule Posted

f-in hilarious!
  4. Joe Vital

1973 Rickman Montesa

This is a cool old dirt bike. Can't wait to get it running and riding it in the back yard. Thanks again Judy! -joe
  5. Joe Vital

progressive or linear springs

Judy, on a street bike they may provide a 'better' ride, more comfortable. I *think* the reason folks started using them was to mask issues with damping circuits that were woefully inadequate. But that is just a guess. They could mask a horrible compression circuit by becoming stiffer as the...
  6. Joe Vital

sonic springs

What Judy said. Traxxion, Ohlins, Racetech. All of them have a person on the other end of the phone that can answer your questions. Joe
  7. Joe Vital

This answer requires you understand the difference between a progressive and a straight rate spring. As well a basic understanding of what sag is and why we want it on our race bikes. We set sag to determine the proper ride height of the motorcycle. We do this by adjusting the spring preload...
  8. Joe Vital

sportracer07-do you want to know why linear rate is what is used on the race track? -joe
  9. Joe Vital

real tires in the real cold

don't go fast? (on the street)
  10. Joe Vital

Wheel Change Tool!

ask the corvette driver. he's got it figured out. which is why his bet was stupid. if you have some imagination and the tools go out to your garage and figure it out. you might learn something you don't already know about your bike. it was not meant as bait or trolling. i like talking about...
  11. Joe Vital

Wheel Change Tool!

that is a stupid bet. -joe
  12. Joe Vital

Wheel Change Tool!

hey Judy. how's tricks? you riding? i'm thinking maybe if/when NESBA has a spring date at Summit Main i'll come out. -joe
  13. Joe Vital

Wheel Change Tool!

actuall corvette driver, one can remove the front wheel with an OEM set-up without removing the calipers. i'd tell you how, but i'm bored with this subject now. carry on. -joe
  14. Joe Vital

Wheel Change Tool!

daddy and avizpls; quick change front ends are nothing new. just really expensive. go search youtube and watch a daytona front tire/wheel change. though i have no idea what this spammer is selling. the idea that one HAS to remove the calipers is not entirely true. -joe
  15. Joe Vital

key delete-how to

This is not answering his question. He asked how, not if he should. The best reason to do it is that he wants to. If that isn't sufficient, then perhaps he has already lost the key? Or is worried about his day being ruined because he forgot his key. Judy's answer gave a measured response as an...