Recent content by Matt Gephart

1. Matt Gephart

$165 worth of credit for $125.

$165 worth of credit for $125, $40 savings for you. Best of luck, Matt.
  2. Matt Gephart

crashing: DON'T DO IT!!

Amazing, almost just like mine from road america. You went over the windsheild and I went through mine. Glad you are OK.
  3. Matt Gephart

My Crash Video; Road America Memorial Day

I tried doing the clutchless upshifts for a while, but it is so ingrained into the fabric of my being that it caused way too many missed upshifts! All that damn dirt riding. A quickshifter would help that out though. Doesn't really upset the bike at all for me, seems pretty smooth and easy...
  4. Matt Gephart

Great advice guys! Yup, running pretty quick for what I have. Speaking of quick though, James (TOFASTFORYOU) is running a stock 03' GSXR600 with over 30,000 miles, stock suspension with only tires, and running the hell out of it at A pace. Probably we would all benifit from some bike work....
  5. Matt Gephart

Definetly not a fist full of throttle. Never had any suspension work done on the bike and was using street tires! Guess what's on my christmas list....
  6. Matt Gephart

Rear Facing Camera, people waving!

I haven't uploaded it at all, but it cracks me up to no extent how many people wave to the rear facing camera. CR's and riders alike will even catch up quickly then take a hand off and wave "Hello" to the Go-Pro. What a friendly bunch! I'll take some stills of them and post up soon.
  7. Matt Gephart

Just uploaded my crash onto youtube. At normal speed it looks like I just decided to eject, but when in slowmo there is more there, more like what I felt. Anyway, just had the bump to A class at lunch, put in a few sessions then my rear tire decided to give up on the exit of 14. Thanks to...
  8. Matt Gephart

Congrats to Matt for the A bump

I overheard somebody saying that the ambalamps had air conditioning and I was so hot that I just decided to get the free ride back to the pits in a cooler temperature, so I ditched the bike at 90mph to ensure the ride. Next track day I'll bring enough to cook dinner for all the CR's...
  9. Matt Gephart

Big Congrats to Dan (texter) for the A Bump at Road A 6/30-7-1

Great Job Buddy! On a side note, the traction control and ABS on that BMW must suck. I mean geeze, if it couldn't make you get through turn 1 when braking at marker 2 at 180mph, what good is it?:doh: Can't wait to get out and play again. Guess I'll have to come up and show you boys how it's...
  10. Matt Gephart

Congratulations tofstfouru on the A BUMP

Way to go James! You were riding pretty well that day, giving the bigger bike a run for her money on road A while on a 600 is no easy feat! Even better is that this was your 5th track day ever. Now I think you need to re-pay the favor to somebody for the big pat on the back. -gep
  11. Matt Gephart

Where should I spend my money.

Great, thanks for all the feedback. Going to do a bit of everything I think. Just ordered up the stainless front brake lines; great deal and free shipping because I needed to replace my air filter anyway (went with K&N). This should help improve feedback through braking; even if it doesn't...
  12. Matt Gephart

Important Question

I’d clean them up with kerosene or something like this, and some coarse pads and rags. Wouldn’t hurt to let the kerosene sit on the tires for a bit to make sure it all comes off. Evaluate the area you cleaned and had the oil on them compared to the clean areas. Push on them with a...
  13. Matt Gephart

06/07 racetech forks

Would this setup work on an 08' R1?
  14. Matt Gephart

Congrats to Texter for the I bump !!

I'm thinking that the BMW gets credit for most of the bump!:haha: