Recent content by MDM

1. M

MDM at PIRC June 17-18th

Thanks man. Appreciate the shout out. Glad I was able to help you out.
  2. M

Pirelli Suberbike Slicks tire height difference? 190/60 vs 180/55

On an R6, if you're running a 180/60 and can't fit a tire warmer between the tire and the swingarm, your wheelbase is too short anyways. On our race bikes, we use two different length chains to keep the wheelbase where we want it when we make gearing changes. We use 16T front sprockets and...
  3. M

Pirelli Suberbike Slicks tire height difference? 190/60 vs 180/55

Brian, send me an email at mike@metricdevilmoto.com and I'll send you a data sheet with all the relevant data. The biggest problem when transitioning from the 180/55 to the 180/60 is people assume that their bikes were correct for the 180/55. In most cases, they weren't ...
  4. M

Pirelli Tire Pressure Thread

I don't have first hand experience at HPT and new surfaces often take a little bit to figure out. Looks to me like that tire is working too hard and overheating. And we need to be on the same page when talking about "hot pressures". Unless you're getting real time data from the tire on the...
  5. M

Pirelli Tires and NCBIKE (June 3-4)

If anyone needs Pirelli tires for the N2 event at NCBIKE this weekend, please call me at the shop (today) at 610.833.8271 or email me at mike@metricdevilmoto.com to pre-order. We will have someone on site handling tire service, but new tires must be pre-ordered. Your tires will be waiting for...
  6. M

The DRCs are available in the 180/60 as well. Same dimensions as the race spec 180/60.
  7. M

As of now, there are no plans to discontinue the 180/55 tire and we keep them in stock. However, I would suggest adding the links to your existing chain and/or replacing that chain to take advantage of the 180/60 V2 tire available. It is a much better tire and made using the new construction...
  8. M

Hi, I guess this can serve as my semi-official introduction to the N2 online community. My name is Mike Faillace and I own and operate MDM. We're based just outside of Philadelphia and we've been around for over 10 years serving the track day and racing community and I've been a Pirelli man for...