Recent content by motopreserve

1. M

The MotoGP Thread

I agree it’s an artificial sense of competition….but hopefully it’s just temporary. I remember when the claiming rules came into play - so many thought it was the end of competition, innovation etc. but slowly it brought the races tighter - and for the first time in a while, we really could not...
  2. M

The MotoGP Thread

I think the difference is that while HRC reigned supreme, there was still competition. Yamaha and Ducati (Dovi) still challenged them, and even Suzuki snuck a championship in there. The fact that the Hondas have been finishing in the last 4 positions (if they finish at all) is a dramatic turn -...
  3. M

April 29, NJMP

It’s a huge net benefit for sure. The whole track now felt like it lacks that “oh shit, don’t forget that…too late.” :)
  4. M

April 29, NJMP

This is great. Thanks so much. I definitely didn’t follow my TD with more liquid IV. Not enough of anything really, which surely lead to a prolonged recovery. I also need to start getting more into my system before the TD. I did a bit of that last weekend, but not enough obviously. I lost...
  5. M

April 29, NJMP

Ive definitely made an effort to keep nourished, hydrated and stretched for the track days I’ve done. But I welcome any and all advice - because this last one kicked my ass. I’m sure being the first day out this year contributed - but clearly there’s room for improvement in my routine. I’m...
  6. M

The MotoGP Thread

I figured. That’s why I didn’t want to put any spoilers in there. But it’s well worth the catch up when you get a chance. Hope the bike days were fun and safe!
  7. M

April 29, NJMP

If this had been a 2 day event, I’m not sure I would have been able to ride the 2nd day. I’ve been a bit sore following track days before - but good grief! This was a whole different story!
  8. M

April 29, NJMP

Just wanted to thank everyone for the great day at NJMP this past Monday. The temps hitting 88° already seemed a bit premature, but I guess it was better than 94° last July! All the coaches were great, and a huge thanks to Judy for following/leading me on a couple laps - and the talk afterwards...
  9. M

The MotoGP Thread

Been quiet around here. This past weekend had some sweet racing mixed with mayhem. Finally got a chance to catch up with Moto2 this week, and that championship is getting interesting. Nice to see the first American pull off 3 consecutive podiums since Hayden in 2006! Man, it’s been a long...
  10. M

Intro Class?

If it’s your first-ever day on a track, you will be assigned to the newcomer group. For the first few sessions you will be riding with a specific (first-time riders) group within Novice, with a dedicated CR showing you the ropes. Then you meet in the classroom between sessions. Great time to ask...
  11. M

The MotoGP Thread

Wow. Big news. Guess you can’t blame him for wanting to get off the carousel after that many years of the traveling circus.
  12. M

The MotoGP Thread

Holy f#%k!!!!! Clever twist to sneak all the MotoGP riders onto moto3 bikes this week :)
  13. M

The MotoGP Thread

Maybe we need to push for an N2 sponsored racing-only hotspot :) Ride safe today!
  14. M

The MotoGP Thread

Is it me? Or did they describe the hotel rooms as something between a child’s room and a red roof inn?
  15. M

The MotoGP Thread

Couple months to finish up an international circuit. What could possibly go wrong? :)