Recent content by NothingClever

1. NothingClever

The MotoGP Thread

I’m not against concessions and their purpose, it’s just that the current set seem like a sharper reaction (far more generous) than what I would’ve expected. A more moderate set of concessions would seem appropriate to me to give the turtles a chance to catch up without completely punishing...
  2. NothingClever

The MotoGP Thread

Seems like Ducati’s success is in the crosshairs. I’m curious if DORNA ever undertook a major overhaul when HRC was stomping like Godzilla all over the EU brands. The concessions structure seems to reward poor performance (whether that’s a result from ineffective management or resource...
  3. NothingClever

The event Thursday May 23 says it's a track day at ATL but when I try to register for the track day it shows race practice and race school??

Well, first some congratulations are in order. That has to be the longest thread title in the solar system, perhaps the whole galaxy.
  4. NothingClever

The WorldSBK Thread

SSP R2 was interesting. It was cool to watch GvS28 deliberately choosing to stay off the drying line. Tough day for SM62 finishing in P20.
  5. NothingClever

The WorldSBK Thread

Good gravy…AB01’s sprint muscles came alive in SBK SP2.
  6. NothingClever

The WorldSBK Thread

SBK R1 = testimony that intermediate tires are unstoppable when the conditions are right. However, it seems that window of conditions is narrow as evidenced by the 24s lead tumbling to 3s before the red flag came out. No doubt Nemo narrowly escaped the two apex predator sharks behind him.
  7. NothingClever

The WorldSBK Thread

Crazy mixed conditions (50/50) during SSP R1 at Assen. From barely hanging on in the points-paying positions to on the rostrum for P2 and P1 fired through the pack like a missile.
  8. NothingClever

The BSB Thread

9. NothingClever

The BSB Thread

On my way to NOVA for work, then ATP at Pitt, ChampSchool at NJMP then MA at Barber. Nice to have some quality coverage to get caught up and offset the highway droning.
  10. NothingClever

The MotoGP Thread

You guys have been totally polite! The commonly-accepted rule in another forum I belong to is 48-72 hours. If one of us hasn’t caught up, we acknowledge we’ve become a backmarker, see the blue flag and get out of the way of the conversation.
  11. NothingClever

Track Day / Racing Checklist

Reference undistracted inspection and maintenance of the bike, this principle has parallels in diving, parachuting and explosives. It’s difficult to exercise life-preserving attention to detail if one’s attention is divided. High-performance motorcycling is no different, IMO. Seems self...
  12. NothingClever

The MotoGP Thread

Yeah, I’m way behind. I was on the road for 12 days (all bike related) and then right back into a busy work week. Hoping to get caught up to MotoGP and WSBK this coming week.
  13. NothingClever

Where can we buy some N2 merch?

< panting dog pauses to sniff the breeze > Master will open goodie box soon. < dog resumes panting >
  14. NothingClever

Novice / First Time Track Day Etiquette Questions

@MainLineCoffee Dude, with your positive attitude, you’re already crushing it. The CRs love helping riders and seeing them progress so give yourself a pat on the back for choosing to link in with them. Keep up the great work!
  15. NothingClever

The BSB Thread

Round 1 - Navarra Race 1 - SBK Race 2 - SBK