Potential Bazzaz Issue?

bacolmm

My 2011 750 began having issues this weekend. It feels like an ignition / fuel-mapping issue with throttle response being very abrupt/inconsistent. On the track under acceleration initial throttle felt dead, followed by a distinct surge / rapid increase in acceleration. Overall, doesn’t seem to be running well and I’m getting FI codes C33-C34-C35 (Fuel Injectors 2-3-4). I have been using the Bazzaz Automapping feature and I’m told that the O2 sensors wear out quickly. My first thought is that my O2 sensor has crapped out and created a bad fuel map, however is it possible that a bad fuel map would result in the FI codes? I ran the Bazzaz software diagnostics and it’s showing both the O2 sensor and the TPS as “OK”. Is there another way to determine if the O2 sensor is bad? Any guidance will be greatly appreciated!

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
Matt, never done it but you can use a multimeter and small torch on a wide band sensor. There are some videos on YouTube about it. With direct flame attached, you should get just at 1 volt and with flame removed it's .1 volt. I've also stayed away from the autotune features in both Bazzaz and PC, as according to some folks I trust a great deal (like Brian Livengood) they simply don't have the ability to effectively calculate deltas in the entire range.

I would probably start the diagnosis by temporarily disconnecting the Bazzaz and seeing if throttle performance goes back to relative "normal". That would. Also, you'll see if you throw the same FI codes. If it's normal, I'd stick the Bazzaz back inline, but not use Autotune and instead load a static map and test again.

I don't know for sure, but I suspect it might be possible to throw an FI code due to improper mapping from the Bazzaz. The Autotune may be your problem as yet another option other than the 02 sensor, the injectors (very unlikely IMHO that you get 3 fail all at once), or a simply wiring issue where something heated up and melted.