Sidi Boot Repair

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
I had a zipper bust on a pair of Sidi ST Air's this past weekend at PIRC. I have had soles replaced before, but never a zipper. The boots are perfect otherwise and I would hate to lose them over a zipper. Has anyone ever sent off a pair of boots to get a zipper fixed? If so, where to and were you satisfied with the repair. I appreciate any leads you guys can give me.

LarsDunaway

Rat Boy
Staff member
Control Rider
I've had mine repaired at my local cobbler. They do great work, replaced with a better zipper than what was on there originally.

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
I've had mine repaired at my local cobbler. They do great work, replaced with a better zipper than what was on there originally.

Thanks Lars, I had intended to hit up the local shop at the mall to see what they could do. Did you do both or just the damaged one? Also, do you remember what it cost you? Just to compare when they give me a quote.

LarsDunaway

Rat Boy
Staff member
Control Rider
I did them both, though at separate times. I think it was about $35 per boot for the zippers.

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
You know something funny, I just dropped off my boot at the repair shop and I had to pay $35. I hope the repair looks good.

LarsDunaway

Rat Boy
Staff member
Control Rider
$35 for the zipper? Did you take it to a cobbler?
I'm actually thinking of replacing my boots for 2017- mine are pretty worn and have at least 5 crashes on them. Anybody know anything about the AXO Aragon boots? A bit cheaper than Sidis, and I can get a stupid deal on them through sponsorship...

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
Talk about coincidence. Just got my right boot back from Barnacle Bill - he replaced the zipper in my Supertechs. I still think it's a dumb design to have the most damage prone part of the boot on the very outside at the exact position where it's most likely to be damaged in even a low side.... Barnacle Bill put a good brass zipper in it. $35 plus shipping and he turned it around in just a few days.

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
I think the name of the shop is Cobbler & Co. They have a shop at just about every shopping mall. $35 to replace the zipper. I'll take a picture of the two boots for comparison and post it back up. He said it would be ready in a couple days, but I told him no rush.