PIRC 8/27 & 8/28

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
My apologies Andy. However, my comments about your riding were exactly the same as Ian's. I think you'll fit in with Intermediate just as well.

rhill

This weekend was a great time as usual w N2! Fundraiser had excellent grub and some great deals as well.

Only small suggestion would be to time out the "session start" calls closer to when the session actually begins.....especially considering how hot it was and the # of riders attending. Not sure how it was working with the other groups, but it seemed like advance was getting called down immediately when the checker came out. Almost every session Sunday there was a runner, the truck had to roll, or something else happened; resulting in everyone queuing in hot pit for ~5 minutes and one giant group heading out when the track did go green. Understand that not everything is foreseeable, but a "short delay" call would help when those situations arise.
Quick video from the 6th session Sunday...

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
This weekend was a great time as usual w N2! Fundraiser had excellent grub and some great deals as well.

Only small suggestion would be to time out the "session start" calls closer to when the session actually begins.....especially considering how hot it was and the # of riders attending. Not sure how it was working with the other groups, but it seemed like advance was getting called down immediately when the checker came out. Almost every session Sunday there was a runner, the truck had to roll, or something else happened; resulting in everyone queuing in hot pit for ~5 minutes and one giant group heading out when the track did go green. Understand that not everything is foreseeable, but a "short delay" call would help when those situations arise.
Quick video from the 6th session Sunday...

That didn't go unnoticed BTW. Runners are hard to predict. I might make a suggestion to Brian that they throw red flags after the checker like they do at some other tracks. A 3 minute runner is a PITA. Some of the pick-ups happened after the calls were made. But yes, I noticed it watching from the pitts sunday. Other groups had a little longer waits than normal also.

Thanks for the feedback and we will try to make some adjustments to make it better.

tdelegram

Control Rider
I would also recommend that rhill slow down as I don't need any help looking bad and he makes me look like I am in the super slow motion shot in moto gp! Not sure I want to post my video's after seeing his.

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
I'm just glad Ryan tightened up that friggen brake reservoir! His older videos with the disco shaking reservoir distracted me from the riding!

rhill

I would also recommend that rhill slow down as I don't need any help looking bad and he makes me look like I am in the super slow motion shot in moto gp! Not sure I want to post my video's after seeing his.

lol you see the pass that got put on me @ 3:55? I'm not very good on the brakes....but that made me feel like :poop:
Took all weekend to get up to pace(riding a shagged tire Saturday didn't help) even then, I was too exhausted to come within a second of my best.....still had a blast!

I'm just glad Ryan tightened up that friggen brake reservoir! His older videos with the disco shaking reservoir distracted me from the riding!

I left the brake light wires jiggling around just to distract you!

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
lol you see the pass that got put on me @ 3:55? I'm not very good on the brakes....but that made me feel like :poop:

Who was that guy on bike #130? He passed me going into the old turn #5 just like he got you at 8:59. It felt like I was riding a bicycle when he passed me!

rhill

^he is a monster on the brakes....except for 4:15 in my vid where he had a little moment entering turn 3, great job keeping it upright! T1 right before that.....I honestly don't know how he got it slowed down AND made it look like a casual apex.

rob92

Control Rider
N2
Had a great day on Saturday. Big thanks to N2 and Rob for throwing an ATP day together for me and a buddy at the last minute. Also, thanks to Rob and Jim for the bump, can't wait to get back out there in I group next month!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You were killing it, Andy - glad you and Dustin had fun!

rhill

Sunday Session 5 Front View:

That front end wobble/wonder looks all too familiar....that RC8 have an adjustable damper? I've bumped up the fluid viscosity in my stock damper, which helped a lot, but think it needs to go a little more.

Who was that guy on bike #130? He passed me going into the old turn #5 just like he got you at 8:59. It felt like I was riding a bicycle when he passed me!

Well, looks like Mr. Palmer enjoys getting track video as well. Have no doubt he could pass me just about anywhere, but that particular lap I was cruising on a cooldown before pitting in.

tdelegram

Control Rider
I run the dampener a little on the low side, I guess I should crank it up some more as the bike tends to get the front end light on acceleration. But it sure looks cool!

YZROOSTINYA

Control Rider
Hi everyone and thanks for letting me join the crew! Hope to be back at the track more often than not. Hopefully I gave everyone enough room and didn't cause anyone any issues.

John

rhill

Hi everyone and thanks for letting me join the crew! Hope to be back at the track more often than not. Hopefully I gave everyone enough room and didn't cause anyone any issues.

John

Looking forward to seeing you out there!

One last video from the weekend; 2nd session Sunday. Was our first session of the day, waited to see the first bike come through old 7 before rolling out, and I take awhile to get up to pace....so a good portion of the A group is caught by the rear cam as they filter through.