Re-livin' the days...

FunFred

Hey, all.

Used to be a big-time trackday guy 14-15 years ago with Reduc and cornerworkin' for CSS, then racing happened. Hung up my leathers in '06, picked 'em up again in '12 to, again, cornerwork for CSS.

During registration as a new member and for an upcoming event, N2 had my info from '03. o_O
Anyway, here I am, lookin' forward to my third visit to NYST. Hope it's Uptown, my rear tire/right side took some abuse at the Sep 5 NJMP event. :D

Anyone know if tires will be available?

In case anyone has one layin' around, lookin' for a 200/55, DOT race, no Dunlops...

rob92

Control Rider
N2
Welcome back to the addiction! Have fun at NYST, I like uptown as well. Didn't care for downtown at all.

FunFred

I've yet to ride Downtown...but, hey, add another track to the list, right?

My concern was whether my tire would make it through two days of right-handers.
Found out tires will be available so, no worries. ;)

rob92

Control Rider
N2
This event is partnered through Evolve and pretty sure they'll have their tire vendor there.

KN53

This event is partnered through Evolve and pretty sure they'll have their tire vendor there.

What exactly does that mean? None of the N2 staff will be there? Going to lightning next weekend and just wondering. Last time i rode with another org. I wasn't exactly comfortable. (Im not that great, a few too many duhamels in their "I" group and few CRs). Im still going but was just wondering

FunFred

FWIW and if I'm not mistaken, at the Sep 5 NJMP partnered event, N2 ran the show, EvolveGT provided manpower where needed. Everything appeared to go smoothly from my "outside" perspective. I expect their efforts this coming weekend will be of the same quality... :like:

Mike:p

Don’t be a Hero, be consistent.
What exactly does that mean? None of the N2 staff will be there? Going to lightning next weekend and just wondering. Last time i rode with another org. I wasn't exactly comfortable. (Im not that great, a few too many duhamels in their "I" group and few CRs). Im still going but was just wondering
What's a duhamel? I have never heard that term before. I assume you mean riders in a group that is above their skill level. Or do you mean the actor Josh Duhamel and his family because I didn't know that they like riding the track. ;)

rob92

Control Rider
N2
When we partner with Evolve (or they us), you'll see coaches from both orgs, so everyone sees familiar faces and we've blended well with all of our events.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Fred? I remember you from Reduc. If I'd known you were at the Sep 5th event, I'd have looked you up. Let me know when you'll be there next!

FunFred

Hey, Judy! Longtime...

Well, NYST was a bust for me.

First lap, T3, previously repaired hernia, or a new one, rears it's head and "bam", I'm in pain...couldn't get my head right for the remainder of the session. Struggled a little after the session to regain my physical composure, but I do.

Next session, puttin' on back protector, everything feels good, then I sit on the bike. Uh, yeah, its still there. Okay, I'll try to accommodate it with a different approach to riding.
Nope. Not as bad afterwards but it's still there and now it's lunch. (I didn't ride the first session - my new rule, "If I can see my breath, it's too cold for DOT race tires w/o warmers." ;))

During lunch, as I contemplate my situation, I have a second thought about an attempt to overcome this malady.
Um, dude, you're head is not in the game!
What if I do overcome, for the short term, this nagging/stabbing pain that sets in the moment I start getting physical with the bike?
What happens in the afternoon when we all up our pace just that little bit more?
What happens if I'm hit with a stab of pain that shoots straight to my brain and causes an involuntary reflex? (No need to mention all the potentialities.)

I disappointingly bowed out for the remainder of the event, packed up and came home. :'(
Hope all goes safely for rest of the event.

tdelegram

Control Rider
Hopefully you can get that squared away in the off season, heck may as well work on your conditioning like the rest of us old slobs. Getting old sucks but you can fight it with good consistent choices in the diet and exercise areas. I changed my diet in January because of several years of yoyoing dropped 60 pounds and have been consistently at 200 to 203 since, this off season I am going to make a push for the low 190's.

FunFred

Yeah, definitely. It never quite felt right...and it's been a few years...kinda slowed me down. They used mesh, told me that was the way it was done, but that's not the way I wanted it done. Goin' to Canada for this fix...they'll do it the way I want it...stitched. Likely gonna be a job rippin' the old mesh out...there were three separate repairs done at the same time...I play(work) hard.

At 55, I'm passed the point where I shoulda been doing something, fitness-wise. I'm more hopeful about it not being too late to enjoy the rest of life's adventures. I'm not terribly out of shape, but the wind in the sails is fleeting...time to upgrade. ;)

Last edited: