Summit Point Main re-surfaced 2017

mvdon

I maybe little behind the curve but I just heard that Summit Point main will be getting repaved in Oct 2017.

Plus installing Wi-Fi in the paddock Mar. 2017 and some other little changes too.

Shenny will be getting some upgraded in the future, sounds like in 2018 or later.

2blueyam

Nice to hear about those upgrades. This is the first I am hearing of them, although I do know they have been gradually working on run-off room and piecemeal repaving of Main.

Menotomy

World's Okayest Racer
Control Rider
I had heard about the repaving but not about any timelines. I didn't hear about the WiFi either. Thanks for sharing.

mvdon

There's a 25 min video on there Facebook page about the 2017 season/upgrades by the director.

buzz-06

Bring back the concrete
That concrete had way more grip than you'd think it would (I know you know this Dave). You just had to trust that seam from asphalt to concrete back to asphalt.... someone correct me if I'm wrong but the concrete was there clean up till the repave correct? If my timeline is correct that means Jeff wood did the 1:11.4 with the concrete patches

mvdon

As of this month no tire walls are being moved or messed with, just tearing up concrete from turn one, smoothing out turn 1 and 3, turn 9 entry bump is staying, he did say that turn 10 will have little more camber and paving whole track, plus adding pump in turn 6 for flood control.