Hot suit

Ron R

I just started track days late last season so heat hasn't been an issue. But moving forward I have a couple questions. My race suit has a liner. Since I'm wearing under layers do I need the liner or do I lose the under layers. Or keep both and air out in between rides. I'm working on a suit and helmet cooler for when I'm not in them. Any ideas/ recommendations welcome. Thanks. Ron

tdelegram

Control Rider
Ron,

Run the liner, you can wash it throughout the season to keep or minimize your suit from stinking. Additionally sweat is not great for leather so the liner will absorb and wick away. Perforation and air flow work pretty good, you won't notice the heat until you stop. Get a small 12 inch fan to put your helmet on between sessions to dry it out and look up scuba suit driers, much cheaper than the ones marketed to racers/track day guys to dry your suit. I personally don't remove suit except at lunch and just hang in trailer in AC.

Tom

Mike:p

Don’t be a Hero, be consistent.
I don't have any experience with suits that have liners so take what I have to say with a grain of salt or completely disregard it ;) your choice. When I first started going to the track I only had one suit and one set of under armor. After discussing the one suit thing with other riders they convinced me to double up on everything. So now I have 2 suits and 2 sets of under armor. Never needed them from sweating but they sure were nice the couple of days it rained at the track.
The first time I used the second suit it rained all day on Saturday and soaked my primary suit and under armor. It wasn't dry by Sunday morning despite using a dryer but it didn't matter since I had a complete dry suit ready to go. The second time was a similar situation.
It would be nice to peel off a sweaty suit at lunch and put on nice dry one for the afternoon sessions. That was my original plan but I just don't have time to ride in the summer. My next investment is a GOOD hang dryer, like the one listed above.
I hope that helps.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
You're talking about the thin liner with perforations? Agree, leave it in. The one in my Vanson suit isn't removable. Tom makes good points.

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
A Hang Dry will dry your suit over lunch without a problem. We do it all the time. I've never had it not dry from rain overnight......Hang Drys are the way to go.