ATP at PITT - Aug 17, 2019

adotjdot

Control Rider
ATP/3C
All prepped and ready to go for the next ATP event at PITT today!
b8bc0082a96d4fb52b394b0e7214d959.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

adotjdot

Control Rider
ATP/3C
So is there a certain skill level you need to be at to take advantage of ATP?
Nope. We've had riders who have never been on a track before and all the way up to Advanced group riders attend.

Anyone at any skill level is welcome!

jksoft

Awesome. It's on my to do list but probably not until the spring. Can't make the PIRC September weekend.

Joel_M

What a great event, AJ! I learned a ton. It really "clicked" on the last two sessions, when I could go out and put into practice what we had been saying. The trail braking thing is going to continue to take work. But now I can start to feel it. For me, it made much more sense when I started mentally letting go, and carrying more speed into the corner, where I could actually use the brake all the way up to the apex. That's when the brake/throttle transition made much more sense. The best place that I saw/felt it was in turn 3 and 7. I'm still too chickenshit to take the speed into 17 and 1. Stakes are too high in those turns, at least for me right now.

adotjdot

Control Rider
ATP/3C
What a great event, AJ! I learned a ton. It really "clicked" on the last two sessions, when I could go out and put into practice what we had been saying. The trail braking thing is going to continue to take work. But now I can start to feel it. For me, it made much more sense when I started mentally letting go, and carrying more speed into the corner, where I could actually use the brake all the way up to the apex. That's when the brake/throttle transition made much more sense. The best place that I saw/felt it was in turn 3 and 7. I'm still too chickenshit to take the speed into 17 and 1. Stakes are too high in those turns, at least for me right now.
So glad to hear things came together for you! You were rolling great out there! Keep up the focus and just work on applying the same technique to each corner.

I had a blast riding with you out there! Hope to see you again soon!

mpusch

Micah

Having done a track walk with AJ last year, I'm still not that close to trailing as deep as I should going into 17. 12 is another fantastic corner to work on trailing.