Another noob

jmack

Finally pulling the trigger and going track riding.
youngest off to college so more time for me.
Been riding sports on the street for decades, now I’m ready to learn how to track ride and hopefully race for fun down the road
Few questions
How soon do events usually fill up? Do they fill up?
I’ll be riding mostly in the SE as I’m near Atlanta, hoping to get 6-8 track days a year
So many people camp over night at the tracks?
Thanks for the info. Can’t wait to get rolling and learning

Aaron Meade

Welcome fellow noob! I'm in a similar category, though my kids are still very young. I'm up in Cincinnati/Northern KY. I'll be interested in the answers to your questions as well.

Slawson

Wannabe Racer
Welcome aboard, get ready to be addicted and over all learn and practice ya skill. Im in the SE area as well, I usually do Road Atlanta, Roebling near savannah, Jennings in Fl and Barber in Alabama. Typically for me I travel that Friday afternoon and stay at a hotel and get to track Saturday and set up my area.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

TimTheAsian

Fresh off the Boat
Staff member
Control Rider
How soon do events usually fill up? Do they fill up?
- Depends on the track and the weather forecast. They absolutely fill up, some tracks fill up regardless of the forecast.

I’ll be riding mostly in the SE as I’m near Atlanta, hoping to get 6-8 track days a year
- Road ATL baby.

So many people camp over night at the tracks?
Yes. Most people get there friday evening and set up so they can wake up and go straight to reg and tech.

bmart

Control Rider
Welcome! Will you be riding or visiting at Road A this weekend? I'll be there Saturday evening for Sunday. Come say hi!

jmack

Man i wish. Working. Going to pick up my new to me 03’ R6 in 2 weeks. Going to do Jennings in nov with TDW just to get my feet wet, I’m sure I’ll ride with them when N2 is far away or schedule doesn’t match

will there be a Black Friday membership sale this year?? thanks for the good intel.

I’ll be pulling the bike in a 5x8 that will doubly as my living quarters on track weekends ..... until it gets too hot that is .

jmack

Awesome. Just read the handbook. Thanks for that link. Sounds like a great time to be had.
Another noob question here. Are adult beverages allowed between sessions? For example. Saturday evening? Few beers with supper? if ur staying at the track before Sunday’s session?
Thanks
Jeff

tdelegram

Control Rider
Welcome aboard, feel free to post up any questions you have we all started as first timers to the track.

tdelegram

Control Rider
Regarding drinking, after the day is over it is more than acceptable, during the day it is not tolerated and you’ll be asked to sit out and or leave. We are focused on everyone’s safety and your decisions impact more than just you out there hence our stance.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Regarding drinking, after the day is over it is more than acceptable, during the day it is not tolerated and you’ll be asked to sit out and or leave. We are focused on everyone’s safety and your decisions impact more than just you out there hence our stance.
Yup, what Tom said. In the evening after the track goes cold at either 5 or 6pm (depending on how late we're running that day), fine. Not acceptable nor tolerated in between sessions, during the day, at lunch, you'll be asked to leave. Years ago, someone was caught drinking beer at lunch and couldn't understand what the problem was. They were made to leave for the day.

jmack

Perfect. I’d never think of it between sessions. But the rule book they me for a loop and just wasn’t sure. That’s good news. Look forward to meeting many of you. Have always heard about the great people at these events.
jmack

jmack

When does the schedule usually come out for the following year. I’m chomping at the bit. Got my track bike.... got my trailer... got my leathers boots and gloves. Geeked up

TimTheAsian

Fresh off the Boat
Staff member
Control Rider
When does the schedule usually come out for the following year. I’m chomping at the bit. Got my track bike.... got my trailer... got my leathers boots and gloves. Geeked up

Congrats! Just in time to stare at it for the next 4-5 months :( We're all in the same boat fwiw.

bmart

Control Rider
I'm making good use of the time. Bikes are coming apart to have maintenance and repairs done and maybe some fresh rattle can paint. Gear is apart and drying from being cleaned last night. Then onto leather conditioner while drying and tucked away until 2020. The street gear will go through the same exercise over the holidays.

If you're at the end of your list, ping me. I have enough to share! :p

jmack

No
Congrats! Just in time to stare at it for the next 4-5 months :( We're all in the same boat fwiw.
No doubt. I’m gonna hit jennings with TDW next month tho scratch the itch. And probably head to palm city to do a day with FTD. So I’ll be ready to roll for N2’s schedule !