Supermoto at Robling Road?

Yamaha851

I've got a 2 cycle YZ250 supermoto I'm planning to run with Motogladiator this season, I'm wondering if I can test at Robling Road in March. Thanks!

tdelegram

Control Rider
Send an email to:

support@n2td.org

I have never ridden RR to be able to comment, but keep in mind with any 2 stroke when you roll off throttle after longer on power straights you can lean seize the bike.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Assuming it's properly setup, it won't have a problem passing tech - 2 stroke part isn't a big deal. A supermoto at a track like Roebling...well, it might take you a few minutes to finish that front straight, and you'll probably only shift down to 4th gear at one or two spots on the track...maybe. Otherwise you're gonna be pinned literally the entire time. LOL

TimTheAsian

Fresh off the Boat
Staff member
Control Rider
Assuming it's properly setup, it won't have a problem passing tech - 2 stroke part isn't a big deal. A supermoto at a track like Roebling...well, it might take you a few minutes to finish that front straight, and you'll probably only shift down to 4th gear at one or two spots on the track...maybe. Otherwise you're gonna be pinned literally the entire time. LOL

Hey like riding a grom at Nelsons Ledges!

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
There used to be a restriction not allowing for supermotos on the larger tracks. Like Tom, I've never been to Roebling, so I don't know how big that track is. Nor do I know if the supermoto restriction is still a thing.

Yamaha851

Thanks for the info, I was thinking it was a smaller track. Maybe I'll try Shennendoah or something else.

GeorgeB

GeorgeB
Control Rider
My best time at Shenandoah was on a DRZ400sm. Especially when your friend is on another DRZ400sm. I laughed the whole session.