Corona house arrest

tdelegram

Control Rider
We did 4 hours of laps today bp on my mx track, 2 hours Friday, feels good to get out and twist the grip. Pace is off from when I was racing but was cleanly clearing all jumps and starting to get the old feel back.

bmart

Control Rider
I work for an essential business, so our hours have increased and I'm 100% work from home, which isn't easier (but does give me a lot of commuting time back!).

On a different note, the 400 ran for the first time in quite a while today, after getting through the carbs, fuel system, valve adjustment, and more over the last week or so. I rolled around the neighborhood for nearly 2 miles. It is just stupid how good rolling around made me feel, even on a skeleton of a bike with no brakes and shite suspenders.

Motofun352

Control Rider
Here in the sticks we're naturally isolated. Not so much is different then regular life. it's a big deal to go into town, all 500 people, more or less. I guess we'll see the corona in 2022....

bmart

Control Rider
20200331_154856_resized.jpg I can't seem to load the small video of it running, which is a shame. It sounds like 1,000,000 angry bees.

Motofun352

Control Rider
I'm jealous, trying to rebuild my cb400f carbs and they're giving me fits. The damn little screws in the bottom of the slides are stuck. Once I get the carbs done I'll be ready to fire it up. been 2 years since I started this rebuild and I'm anxious to get to the finish line.

R1Baby

Control Rider
I work in the medical field. It has been business as usual for me. Purchased a 2012 R6 out of state which is currently sidelined since the transportation company has been put on hold. Maybe I’ll sit it in May.

sti2.5ldohc

Also a fellow Delawarean here. Fortunately they deemed construction and landscaping “essential” so my business hasn’t been effected at all so far. Definitely appreciate the current status though because I know things can change fast. Hoping a reduction in infections is soon around the bend.

tdelegram

Control Rider
The silver lining in this for me is all the time I have at home, I usually travel 160 plus days a year, essentially Monday -Thursday every week. By the end of this week I’ll have the following list done:
  • Oil and filter changes in:
    • Yamaha track generators
    • Farm tractor
    • Riding mower
    • WR-450
    • 450sx-f
    • Yamaha side by side
    • Yamaha ATV
  • Transmission oil in my 300xcw
  • Changed caster wheels on my brush hog
  • Cleaned out my off road/tractor garage
  • Installed new shelves in garage
Next week it will time to focus on the on road garage and getting out door furniture out of storage.

Motofun352

Control Rider
I was just starting to see the proverbial "light at the end of the tunnel" (chores and projects...not CV-19). I had my '95 PU truck in for its yearly inspection and it flunked. Turns out the cab support structure has rusted away into nothingness. Now I have to pull the damn cab, fab up some complex steel brackets and weld the thing back together....Anyone want a "slightly" rusted K2500 plow truck? :mad:

tdelegram

Control Rider
I was just starting to see the proverbial "light at the end of the tunnel" (chores and projects...not CV-19). I had my '95 PU truck in for its yearly inspection and it flunked. Turns out the cab support structure has rusted away into nothingness. Now I have to pull the damn cab, fab up some complex steel brackets and weld the thing back together....Anyone want a "slightly" rusted K2500 plow truck? :mad:
“Farm” truck, no registration good for a 25 mile radius from your farm.

Motofun352

Control Rider
“Farm” truck, no registration good for a 25 mile radius from your farm.
I thought about that but it's not really safe as the rear of the cab has collapsed and is no longer sitting on the frame. Don't think the gas tank is an adequate support.....Just priced out some sheet steel...holy cow, I want steel, not platinum. I don't think it would pass inspection if I made it out of 2X4's....:D

Lenny ZX9R

Control Rider
Stay safe Lenny, NYC is in the news 24/7.
Thanks Jack! I'll be ok! I think I might have had this thing in January! I felt like crap for a week, low grade fever for 5 days and terribly achey in my joints! It felt like the flu but lasted alot longer. I'm no doctor, so I'd like to take an antibody test to see if I, in fact, did have this. I started to feel better after 7 days! The symptoms just disappeared, and I felt like myself again! My wife came home from Florida and wasn't feeling well. and went to the doctors in Febuary. The wife also had a cough and was on antibiotics for 2 weeks and shes also feeling normal again! I think we are past this here in N.Y.. Its just going to take a little more time to get everything back to normal! Be well Jack and Nancy!

Motofun352

Control Rider
Thanks Jack! I'll be ok! I think I might have had this thing in January! I felt like crap for a week, low grade fever for 5 days and terribly achey in my joints! It felt like the flu but lasted alot longer. I'm no doctor, so I'd like to take an antibody test to see if I, in fact, did have this. I started to feel better after 7 days! The symptoms just disappeared, and I felt like myself again! My wife came home from Florida and wasn't feeling well. and went to the doctors in Febuary. The wife also had a cough and was on antibiotics for 2 weeks and shes also feeling normal again! I think we are past this here in N.Y.. Its just going to take a little more time to get everything back to normal! Be well Jack and Nancy!
Funny, I too had the flu (maybe a cold?) back at the beginning of this whole event. No fever so I just ignored it and got over it. It's hard to believe that living out here in the sticks of PA that it was the Wuhan flu, but hell, the way we live we're socially distanced as a normal way of life! I can stay away from people, I can even wear a mask if I have to...but if my eye itches I'm gonna rub it.......

teresa23

going crazy... bored, and working out, but out of a job for now so
would love to meet up with anyone to ride during the day
I'm in Charlotte.

So far I raised the rear sets on my cbr250, and will be changing the GP shift to standard on my 675 Daytona.
Purchased a new fairing for my little bike, hoping to vinyl wrap it... We'll see how I do! :) and another oil change wouldn't hurt.