Favorite pre-corona track pic/memory

bmart

Control Rider
We have to do something to keep track days on the front burner.

Here's one of mine.

The photographer happened to be at the right place at the right time with their finger on the camera. They got me sliding the front end. This was not me being a super badaSS, but instead having a lack of knowledge. I was trying a Michelin front after running Dunlops and set the pressure WAY too high. I was very lucky to roll with it, stay upright, and continue on. Training, training, training...

TSK_3462sm.jpg

Last edited:

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Non riders wouldn't notice it...but when the fender points a different direction than the air intake...exciting times for sure!!

bmart

Control Rider
It is one of my most treasured track pics. The stars really had to align to get that pic. Note the gear (Held Akira gloves and Shoei Z-II Roberts Replica). This was back in '07 at CMP. Amazing how "good" the surface looked then!

mdhokie

Crash3.jpg
In the same vein as Brad's picture...this is maybe not one of my favorite memories, but definitely one of the most memorable. 100+mph lowside at VIR. Out-lap, cold tires, too aggressive on the front brake. Lost the front end and found myself flipping along the pavement at tremendous speed before I had a chance to realize I was going down. When my bike hit the dirt, the windscreen (with camera attached) popped off. For a few frame grabs in a wildly spiralling video,I got a self-portrait of parts flying off the bike, and me break-dancing down the pavement, while the airborne GoPro is still recording 75mph...

bmart

Control Rider
mdhokie, that looks unpleasant! What a stroke of good luck that you got in on "film" to deter others! Normally CMP turn 1 is the place that gets folks with cold tires..but I've been bit by the same at that last CMP turn, due to cold tires, but from outside temps, not going out on them cold!

Thunderace

BIG JIM
Control Rider
My first track day in 2004 with my family captured in the background. This was the start of it all!
Summit 08.JPG

Another break dancing photo from turn 1 at JC. 1/10 of a second later, was a broken wrist. Got back on the track in less than 2 months. Don't heal like that anymore!
IMG_3203a.jpg

Two years later riding with my buddy Rick (Another future CR)
061606 (01).jpg

That same year riding with Buck & Todd on the infamous JC!
61806 (02).jpg

In 2007 after hitching a ride with Daigle at the season ending Barber event, sharing some pavement with our fearless leader!
111207 (5).JPG

This was a group shot of all of us coming through turn 2. Can you name all of them?
111207 (36).JPG

Another fond memory from 2008 riding with Brian Johnson, a Southeast Director.
7608 (17).JPG

And my favorite picture from the last 16 years of track riding. Circa 2006. Man, I loved that bike!

Here's to another 16 years!

Motofun352

Control Rider
Lookin' good there Big Gim! First trackday was in 2000 on my , then new, R1 with Team Hammer at Pocono. Took me another 6 years to find Nesba and start the addiction for real. I'm "jonesing" real bad to get this year started.

bmart

Control Rider
Nice shots, Jim. I love those Yamahas. My friend had a ThunderAce for years.

And...I can name everyone going into turn 2 in that pic. They are named like George Foreman's kids, but all called Crazy!

bmart

Control Rider
Early days. 2003 at NHIS, now NHMS, and then just last year for some fun miles. I love these little 400s and will have one for sale soon.

DSC_9327.JPG

N2_CMP-20190831144639-4816sm.jpg

bmart

Control Rider
Road Atlanta to myself. Unheard of!

09b57a4a87a0f5fbbf5bbd71c0aa4540 square.jpg

Lastly, stalking my best riding buddy to get pulled down the straight by his extra 40HP and then get him on the brakes into Turn 1 at VIR South, my favorite course.

JON_3295sm.jpg

buzz-06

This picture will always be special to me, courtesy of Etech photo. This was on the cool down lap of my first and only race win in 2014. To say I was pumped would be an understatement
093092ED-ACAE-4B6E-87AB-BC968891BDCD.jpeg

Sadly that bike got totaled in turn 10 later that season. I loved that thing.

The following season I bought this 2008 gsxr-1000 that was previously owned by Jeff wood, it had some trick stuff going on with it and provided a lot of confidence. Wish I had never sold it

FD813DC1-306D-46C0-AF92-DB78541F3D27.jpeg

Maybe I’ll finally make a comeback, I miss riding with you guys!

bmart

Control Rider
The Wood family knows what's going on. I used to ride with them up north. The dad used to run around on this, I believe. duck500front.JPG

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
This picture will always be special to me, courtesy of Etech photo. This was on the cool down lap of my first and only race win in 2014. To say I was pumped would be an understatement
We some times for sure!! That was my first race season as well that prematurely ended at NJMP coming over wheelie hill.

damiankelly

Like Crack— Nesba gave me a free half day ( little green N Sticker) and I’ve been hooked since... all my money LOL...
upload_2020-4-15_0-51-49.jpeg