New to N2, not new to racing

50Joe

Hello all. First post here and looking to potentially do the N2 track day on Oct. 2 prior to the WERA race weekend. I raced with WERA from 2000 thru 2013 until I had a paralyzing crash. I've been working to adapt a bike to ride again as a paraplegic. I took it out in May of 2019 at Road Atlanta for my first ride after my big crash. All went fairly well but further updates to the bike were needed. Life and Covid prevented me from getting out on the track earlier this year but I'm now ready. My bike is equipped with a thumb rear brake, ProShift electronic gear shifting which allows clutchless upshifts and downshifts and a magnetic foot hold system to keep my feet on the pegs. I use two friends to "catch and release" me from pit road. The bike I've adapted is a Yamaha FZ07 set up per WERA SS rules. While my brain is wired to run an expert level pace, I know I'm not ready for that. I also think dropping all the way down to the beginner group is not necessary. Intermediate seems like a good place for me to start. Anyway, I'd love feedback on how N2 runs their days and if they do anything different than STT or other such groups.

Attachments

• Assemble 0918 A.jpg
    Assemble 0918 A.jpg
    346.7 KB · Views: 22

tdelegram

Control Rider
Joe great perseverance! If you have never run with us we typically start you in novice unless you have a valid expert license. You can send an email to support@n2td.org and discuss options with them, they’ll be able to modify/place you in our system. Regardless I would sign up early so you don’t lose a chance to ride because we are sold out.

Motofun352

Control Rider
Last year at Nelson Ledges we had a rider who didn't have the use of his legs. He had a pnuematic set of arms with rollers on the end that lowered at the rear of the bike to stabilize him at the stop. He needed help to mount/dismount but once rolling he did very well. You can make a pretty good pace in our novice group, especially if you have good skills, setting up passes and such. We are also always looking to bump fast, good, safe riders up to the next group.

50Joe

Last year at Nelson Ledges we had a rider who didn't have the use of his legs. He had a pnuematic set of arms with rollers on the end that lowered at the rear of the bike to stabilize him at the stop. He needed help to mount/dismount but once rolling he did very well. You can make a pretty good pace in our novice group, especially if you have good skills, setting up passes and such. We are also always looking to bump fast, good, safe riders up to the next group.

I'm sure I know him. I'll fab up the landing gear as we call it this winter. All else is ready to roll.

50Joe

Joe great perseverance! If you have never run with us we typically start you in novice unless you have a valid expert license. You can send an email to support@n2td.org and discuss options with them, they’ll be able to modify/place you in our system. Regardless I would sign up early so you don’t lose a chance to ride because we are sold out.

I do hold an Expert license with WERA. I saw on the forum where Novice is sold out. How about Intermediate?

tdelegram

Control Rider
I do hold an Expert license with WERA. I saw on the forum where Novice is sold out. How about Intermediate?
Not sure I don’t know what we cap at in the south, send the email since novice is full and you have the expert license, without an account and an I/A listing you wouldn’t be able to register if N is full.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Welcome! I recognize you from the wera bbs. I peruse it once in a while. I don't head south very often, but hope to meet you sometime. I think you'll like the way N2 runs their days.

bmart

Control Rider
Welcome and very admirable, Joe!

I've coached guys with a prosthetic leg (an advanced leg and rider!), with a static prosthetic hand, and with stabilizing arms for when one was stopped. they raised when he took off!

Be sure to say hi on Friday if you make it. .

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
I know Joe and I agree with his assessment, putting him in Intermediate is the way to go. No need for Novice group.

Joe: If you need help getting registered for Intermediate, let me know. I just checked and didn't see you registered.

50Joe

I know Joe and I agree with his assessment, putting him in Intermediate is the way to go. No need for Novice group.

Joe: If you need help getting registered for Intermediate, let me know. I just checked and didn't see you registered.

I thought I had the logistics all nailed down since I need help to and from the track on a weekday but I do not anymore. I'll have to ride with you all at another date. Hopefully, I'll be able to travel down to the track early Saturday. I can get two practice sessions in and enter LWT SS and still be home for dinner since the track is 80 miles from my house.

Thank you for the consideration and look forward to seeing you all at the track.
Cheers,
Joe