Intro class questions

wintermute

Planning for my first track day ever this year and noticed the novice class is listed as free and first come/first serve.
- Do I really just show up and pray or is there some other registration involved?
- How do I find out which track days offer an intro class?
- Is intro usually packed or are there spots left?
- If it does end up being packed can I switch to novice the day of so I can still get on track?

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Intro gives you the first 2 (20 min) sessions of they day for free, not the entire day. Any trackday will have the Intro option. After that, if there is room available, you can pay for the day and ride the rest of the day in Novice if you desire. Some tracks, like PittRace, sell out at least a month ahead of time, so registering for Intro and hoping to stay for Novice at that track might be tough. Others maybe not as bad. There's a limit to the number of Intro sign-ups, but I don't know what it is.

You still need to register for Intro class. Create an account from the main page that allows you to register for trackdays. If you have never done a day with us, there should be the option to register in "Intro". Registration for Intro is a one time thing, folks who have already done a day with us won't have the option. I believe that's how it works.

If you have any difficulty, send an email to support@n2td.org

Hope that helps! Welcome! What tracks are you looking to ride?

wintermute

I'm based out of MD so I was hoping to stop by Summit at some point! I'm not seeing the option to register for intro and I also see that my n2 profile says novice despite not having been to a track day before. I'll message support and see if I can't get intro class on my profile. I've only got a lil 250 right now and wanted to see if I enjoyed a track day before jumping up in cc so the two intro sessions seems fine.

Motofun352

Control Rider
Also, the intro requirements don't meet the Novice requirements. Every Intro rider I've instructed subsequently signed up to ride the rest of the day. In order to do that you need full leathers, full tape job, race type boots, etc. Just my opinion but Intro is like that "free" hit of drugs the dealer gives you all while knowing it only takes one to get hooked. :p
On the other subject, the 250 is OK for your initial Novice rides...you most likely won't be the only one out there.