Search results

1. djhurayt

1996 RGV250 SP

Chuck you say your in Taylors (me also) but you area code (865) is Knoxville, is that a typo?
  2. djhurayt

? for any CBR600RR riders ('o7 if that matters)

I will be doing my second event in a row at the same track. My front tire (Dunlop slick) is showing significantly more wear on the right side than the left. I know I can flip the tire and even out the wear. But does anybody know if I can just flip the whole wheel and tire. There is a...
  3. djhurayt

Member Feedback Requested

only if your standing and keep your knees straight...
  4. djhurayt

Member Feedback Requested

I think its a good idea but... With the way we do our sport (20 minutes on, 40 minutes of sitting around stiffening up), a morning stretch is probably only good for the first run, if that. Particularly if you stretch at 8 o'clock then don't go out for an hour and a half later. Don't get me...
  5. djhurayt

Any Aprilia's going to NC Bike on 21 September?

besides that's what black electrical tape is for, that way you are not distracted by catching a glimpse of something glowing red, :eek: what was that...
  6. djhurayt

Hello and track suit

I am assuming you are refereeing to the age thing Motfun352. But I think you will be pleasantly surprised that folks in their 60's are not referred to as "hexa.." but the much better sounding "sexagenarians" source
  7. djhurayt

How to practice when not at the track??

W:like:W, what a fabulous post Dom. That post alone should be a sticky. Well put sir, well put. To be good at anything, it needs to become something you don't have to think about. Just like you develop muscle memory, you need to traing your eyes and brain to recognize and react without...
  8. djhurayt

Intermediates need a wave-by before passing a CR... ???

OK, that is what I thought, thanks Eric
  9. djhurayt

Intermediates need a wave-by before passing a CR... ???

The reminder e-mail that just came out states that both Novice and Intermediates need a wave-by in order to pass a CR. When did that happen for Intermediates?
  10. djhurayt

When will we know...

John, do you know if there are Intro spots for Saturday? Trying to get you another addict.
  11. djhurayt

When will we know...

...if an event is being cancelled due to lack of interest, i.e not enough riders signed up? This question is based on the lack of responses to the "CMP in Kershaw..." thread. I'm just curious, are event even cancelled for this reason, or do those of us that did sign up just have the track to...
  12. djhurayt

CMP in Kershaw, SC 8/31-9/1

bump to top really Bo, Brad, and myself; that's it ??? :unsure:
  13. djhurayt

I need some CR time myself Bo. I'm having trouble due to broken up wrist getting the gas all the way on without regripping or rolling it onto my fingers. I just may need a better hand starting position, I do think my hands are rather flat at closed throttle but it is were I feel most...
  14. djhurayt

WOW Brad, looks like we have the whole track to ourselves
  15. djhurayt

Q3+ track pressures on small bikes

interesting... that the settings are so much lower or the c/h pressure delta ??? I could have the post session numbers incorrect, but I'm pretty sure about the cold numbers. It is also not Q3s I should add. Continental ContiAttack SM
  16. djhurayt

Q3+ track pressures on small bikes

0n my Husky I would run 20/23 cold (no tire warmers at the time), they would come up to the 23/26 at the end of a sesssion
  17. djhurayt

Saturday: check
  18. djhurayt

Woodcraft tire warmers - dual temp

I sent you a text
  19. djhurayt

lets talk tire wrapping

The idea is to take plastic wrap and wrap the tread of the tire after the end of the day/weekend to help preserve the natural oils in the rubber from gassing off any easier than necessary. That is my understanding. I thing the go-kart and circle track racers do it, but it is due to using a...
  20. djhurayt

lets talk tire wrapping

Who does it and why. Are you just wrapping at the end of an event until the next ??? Are you using a softener/treatment then wrapping ??? How about long term i.e. over the winter ??? Just a gimmick ??? All comments, pro & con welcomed