Search results

1. S

Tire Wear

Thanks for the feedback guys. I ordered a new tire today from a different distributor, just incase the last one I got was from a bad batch. The rebound issue is definitely a possibility. Think I should try loosening up the rebound damping in the meantime before I get to the track?
  2. S

Tire Wear

Yea, I'm not even to the wear bars though.
  3. S

Tire Wear

I double checked the clearance and that isn't the issue. I took some better photos today. Maybe the damping settings are off or the stock suspension is just beating up the tire. It just doesn't look like anything I've seen in the Dave Moss videos.
  4. S

Tire Wear

Thanks for the feedback. VIR North is a tricky track to learn in a few laps and appreciate your input. This is my first Q2 on this bike and my first day on the tire was on the dragon and this wear started popping up. In some areas the rubber is coming out in chunks. And yea I haven't touched the...
  5. S

Tire Wear

Hi guys, I was curious if you guys would mind taking a gander at my tire wear and letting me know what you think. The pictures are of my rear 190/55 Q2. I was running 34f/32r cold lapping tail of the dragon and then about 10 laps at VIR North during the charity lap event the other day. The...
  6. S

Wtb:leather suit and boots

I'd be interested in the 2 piece as well.
  7. S

Tire Pressure Growth Questions

Steve, Thanks so much for replying. I was just trying to get a baseline understanding of motorcycle tires. The fact that hot is off the warmers clears a lot of things up for me. I appreciate that. I also agree cold temps are a very unreliable way to set pressures. I did not have warmers either...
  8. S

Tire Pressure Growth Questions

I have read through some of the posts and have some looming questions for the tire gurus. Full disclosure, I have not yet joined you guys on the track yet but am looking forward to doing so. 1. I spent some time racing/engineering on four wheels and find it hard to believe that the pressures...
  9. S

New guy in North Carolina

Hi everyone, I am really looking forward to getting my '10 Z1000 out on the track to improve my skills. I've been through the site and had two questions before I join up and start signing up for days at VIR. 1. I don't have full leathers and I understand that NESBA offers rentals. My problem...