Search results

1. JBowen33

Best bang for buck generator?

No think of it this way. Tire warmers are simple it’s a heating element like a space heater. They can operate even tho they aren’t getting the required wattage, voltage etc... A lot of tracks shore power can’t handle 100 plus sets of tire warmers on their power grids. There for the tire warmers...
  2. JBowen33

Best bang for buck generator?

Because most tracks do not put out consistent shore power to properly utilize/ power your tire warmers. I know for a fact my generator does and there’s a digital gauge on said generator to tell me that as I consistently check it through out the day.
  3. JBowen33

Will a Stahlbus oil drain valve pass tech?

Do yourself a favor and other riders. Get rid of that and use a normal plug and safety wire regardless if your in novice and intermediate. You don’t want to crash... cause others to crash and be that guy that shuts the track down for the rest of the day.
  4. JBowen33

Only fast on Facebook

Only fast on Facebook
  5. JBowen33

Hazardous Racing Alpha 2 Kangaroo leather gloves.

For sale: Used for one race season. Never been crashed in. No holes, no rips and no they don’t smell from use. Men’s large. $150
  6. JBowen33

New Tow Vehicle MPG

I have a 2015 Ram 2500 4x4 with the 5.7L hemi. I tow a toyhauler 24 feet with everything including bike gear etc around 8500 pounds. Unloaded I get 13-14mpg. Towing I average 9-11 and worst I saw going to Pitt from Philly 7-9 mpg on the turnpike but I was also towing 75-80 mph with the cruise...
  7. JBowen33

Pitt Oct 13-14

So who’s in and how’s the track in the R word and cold weather since the forecast is calling to be in the 50’s all weekend?
  8. JBowen33

8/25 Thunderbolt (finally!)

S Second for Mike. He has done suspension work on my bike was spot on.
  9. JBowen33

Pitt tire service?

Mike Fallace Metric Moto Devil/ he runs trackside tires. ‭
  10. JBowen33

Dunlop USA N-TEC Slicks ... Thinking about switching from Pirelli

Tires are consumable products... the faster you go the more tire your going to consume. My findings no matter what brand tires you run they all pretty much wear the same, last about just as long and cost almost the same. My biggest thing with tires is convenience and most important the feel...
  11. JBowen33

PA Philly to NCBIke

i have an extra spot on the trailer if anyone needs a ride. Leaving Friday mid day coming back Sunday night.
  12. JBowen33

Gear rental Q NJMP 6/18

Alright thanks I’ll have him call them
  13. JBowen33

Gear rental Q NJMP 6/18

Is there a leathers rental service for NJMP 6/18? A guy I work with wants to try his first track day but doesn’t have leathers.
  14. JBowen33

Anyone running the new gsxr 1000?

I wouldn’t count out a suspension upgrade. Not sure what your experience is but aftermarket internals are worth their weight in gold and at the least get it professionally set up. Metric Devil Moto did my GSXR and couldn’t be happier.
  15. JBowen33

When did you decide to start changing your own tires and why?

I say this as someone who has changed his own tires and someone that does this on a budget.... to me just paying the 20 bucks to have someone mount/ flip balance your tires is well worth it IMO. Less stress. I don’t mind doing it while I have the time at home but I’ll pass doing it track side. I...
  16. JBowen33

Upcoming Pitt Weekend

How’s Pitt in um “moist” conditions as far as grip?!
  17. JBowen33

Race school Q

July etc. The only other weekend on the schedule I saw was end of June-July at NJMP but I won’t be able to make that weekend
  18. JBowen33

Race school Q

Damn that sucks
  19. JBowen33

Race school Q

I am attending Pitt race this upcoming weekend (June 2-3) really would like to do the race school to get my race license. I saw it wasnt offered (hence me asking) and I won’t be able to make any of the other dates early on this year and prefer to get it a track weekend. Is it possible I could...