Search results

1. R

Roll Call: Road Atlanta April 18-20

I am in for Sunday Novice love RA. I attended my first RA track day last August Novice rider, no chicane, Second RA was in November Novice, and we ran Chicane. In Novice I could tell no difference. Did not seem like any more or less issues between the two events. I did not pay attention, but as...
  2. R

Insurance and the track

that was my feelings as well. I tracked my 07 tuono factory bike, and after 3 track days, I realized I was hesitant to really ride it hard. (I am a novice rider) so I got a cheap 2,800.00 track bike. If I wade it up, I sell what I can and get another. During the off season you can get lots of...
  3. R

Van and Trailer Pimpin

A lot of people do not realize the 350 van can have a FRONT mount hitch as well. Add a rear hitch and a front hitch. You could then put a cargo carrier front and back. Or my solution would be class 5 hitch front and rear with one of those bike carriers in each hitch. Load one bike on front...
  4. R

2008 1125r

great bike, wish the economy was better and I felt I could take the risk and buy it for my track bike. I have a SV1000, but the chance to move up to EBR track bike would be nice.
  5. R

Barber Info

not sure if you have been to barber (I am assuming you have) but just in case, these are my notes from my last event Barber gates are open until 9pm on Friday and 6pm on Saturday and Sunday Barber is locked/gated. You can park and spend the night there; however there are no restrooms available...
  6. R

Barber Info

not sure why you really want / need water at barber. the facilities there are so nice, clean, and large I have always had an empty stall, or shower when I went in. But if as noted above it does not affect gas mileage, then it would be nice to have. As noted above (great explanation) other...
  7. R

track information for Jennings, GP

thanks that is a start, yep if I did not get any answers I was going to call tomorrow morning.
  8. R

I actually saw that link I missed the cost, but it does not say 50 amp, 30 amp, how many of each etc. Just wondering if anyone knows the layout.
  9. R

I looked up in the sticky area, and I downloaded all the track information. But nothing on Jennings GP. Anyone know the power situation an jennings. headed down there tomorrow. 50 amp, 30 amp, is there power at each parking space. cost?
  10. R

entry level GPS lap timer

Did not think of those options I will go to his site and read up on it tonight. thanks for the suggestions.
  11. R

great comments thanks. At this point, I do not have a phone with data plan, so I am thinking that would not work. I sit at a desk 99% of my day, so no real need to use my phone for data. I have a laptop so I just take it home every night. I commute on my bike so no real use for data at that...
  12. R

XT GP pro looks great, but at 500+ dollars I think more track days is a better option. I would not mind "missing one track day" to buy a decent unit, but much over 125.00 and I am not sure I would give up the track time.
  13. R

thanks, I am doing all that. I have a gopro on my tail section to see my body position. and I have a buddy that rides "I" and I get him to follow me on occasion and that seems to help me the most. I know my body position is my biggest need. But I am a very visual person, and I do learn best...
  14. R

novice rider looking to move to intermediate. my "butt" tells me I am significantly slower in right hand turn sections of a track vrs left. looking for a gps lap timer to see if I am correct. PC only interface is fine. Do not need "instant" feedback while on bike. a 2012 model that I might...
  15. R

Anybody Regret Leaving the street?

I still "commute" almost every day to work on my bike. But I would not call that street riding. If you mean the GA, TN & NC mountains, gave that up last year when I started riding track seriously. As some have noted above dual sport riding is now my main none track riding. I can take it up...
  16. R

track day Jennings GP July 27 28 looking for ride partners

Myself and another riding buddy are booked for jennings GP on July 27 & 28. We are leaving Lawrenceville, GA (I-85 / PleasantHill) around 3pm on Friday July 26. Drive down and stay at the KOA. I have a diesel truck pulling a 24' trailer. Leave bikes at Jennings and stay at KOA. We split the gas...
  17. R

Might be a bit early, but who is going to RA the 5-7th?

I rode RA for the first time Memorial day weekend. Cannot afford (did not realize july was this big an event) to ride RA july weekend. But I am coming up Saturday to watch the last hour of riding, and staying for dinner. looking forward to it.
  18. R

Safety wiring. 'Nuff said. But what about loose bolts?

Many (I know Ed Bargy does) vendors have "kits" they are not that expensive. It contains many of the minimum necessary bolts already drilled. You just take out your old bolt, install the new one and you are done. Also at one time I had a link to an on-line vendor, that offered any bolt in...
  19. R

Westby and Mr Charles need your help!

what time and channel ? I am on comcast