Search results

1. FZ1guy

Tire vendor at Tally?

Marietta Motorsports They mostly do Dunlop. Possibly a few Michelins. (?)
  2. FZ1guy

Membership question

Well I was able to sign in using my old NESBA log-in...and I found that I was able to buy the 22nd at Roebling, but still, it is $180 + $20 late fee, so $200 each for the day. I look forward to riding with N2, but it won't be this weekend. :( Thanks again!
  3. FZ1guy

Membership question

Thanks for the quick reply HondaGalToo. It looks to me like the basic membership is $49 (maybe it used to be $25 ?), so it would cost me $428 for the two of us to do one day at Roebling? We would like to do this coming Sunday, the 22nd, but at that cost, probably ain't going to happen. How would...
  4. FZ1guy

Membership question

Most of my track days are in the southeast, and I try to do at least one a month, and usually with my son. We would like to ride with N2 when they are at TGPR, Roebling, or R-A. Is it mandatory that we purchase membership before we can ride with N2? That adds a good sized expense if we only have...
  5. FZ1guy

Suspension set up

Discussing the usage of the back brake is like asking which oil is best. Personally, I rarely use the back brake. You did not mention your weight, but if you're over 175 or so, the FZ1 really benefits from a stiffer spring, heavier oil, or my favorite trick, slightly overfilling with oil to...
  6. FZ1guy

Little Tally?!

I guess I'm not doing this. :(
  7. FZ1guy

Talladega and NCBIKE dates added!

So what's up with the Talladega October 18th with Marietta Motorsports? Is it on or off?
  8. FZ1guy

Little Tally?!

Yea, I'm going to have to do this.
  9. FZ1guy

How about a RA July 4/5/6 Roll Call??

Wow. It's going to be lonely with just you two there.
  10. FZ1guy

RA July 4th Weekend

Yea. I was thinking of doing 2 days with my son, but for the extra $120, I'll wait a couple of weeks. Maybe go to Barber.
  11. FZ1guy

Feeler: Trade my SV650 for your DL650 or FZ1

I'm east of Atlanta. Not looking to sell unless I find a replacement. Don't want to be without wheels. If I do find what I'm looking for, I'll post up. Thanks.
  12. FZ1guy

Feeler: Trade my SV650 for your DL650 or FZ1

Just seeing if there is any interest. I have a 2006 SV650 with 9100 miles in excellent condition. Traxxion Dynamics forks and Penske shocks, plus a few other minor goodies. Never been on the track, adult street ridden only. Looking for a similar condition DL650 (V-Strom) or FZ-6 in similar...
  13. FZ1guy

Tecknic race suit $200

50EU or 50US? I sure wish we could standardize sizes. I'm 6'1" 210lb
  14. FZ1guy

Road Atlanta Dates Have Changed

Hey, it's all good. If I relax any more I'll tip over. I just don't see the issue here, except for those that have already sent in their money. They have a problem. Like you, I ride with any org, and I personally have never once been to a TD without leaving with a smile. You are right when you...
  15. FZ1guy

Road Atlanta Dates Have Changed

HJ, really? REALLY? Without an alternative to NESBA the season would be lost? You are in Georgia. Do you ride Road Atlanta? TGPR? Barber? Jennings? Roebling? I won't name names, but there are several large and small groups that you need to know about. You could ride every weekend.
  16. FZ1guy

Just wondering, how did everyone come up with their bike#?

#56 = my birth year and it's the fastest number ...and I'm riding with a 86? Gosh, I am old.
  17. FZ1guy

Why We Ride - DVD

I found it online. Probably shouldn't say where. It's a good 90 minutes spent. Watch the last 5 minutes first so you will know who is who. They don't identify the people in the film until the end. Sure, you'll know Keith Code and Kenny Roberts and Jason DiSalvo, but you may wonder who some of...
  18. FZ1guy

Shipping from U.S. to Canada

I just learned the hard way. Got hit with $85 in fees and who knows what for returning a box 6x6x6. $70 worth of product I was returning. Use USPS. MUCH cheaper.
  19. FZ1guy

Racing on the boob tube

BSB every Saturday at 1pm and Sunday at 6am on Velocity. Channel 281 on DirecTV. I heard MotoGP would be on FoxSports this season but haven't seen it confirmed.
  20. FZ1guy

Best Tires for Trackdays That Do NOT Need Warmers

I'm going with Michelin Supersports this year. Best track tire that doesn't need warmers. I'm sure you will get other opinions.