Search results

1. jtdbsr

optimum tire temperature data?

I'm not an expert by any means, however, looking at the tires after each session and checking the wear patterns is a good place to start IMHO. If tire wear looks good, temperature and pressure is where they should be. Two weeks ago I cleaned up hot tearing by raising the off warmers pressure by...
  2. jtdbsr

US N-Tec vs DOT Supercorsa SC

I was at NCBIKE this past weekend too, had a blast! I only did Saturday, but my tires are just about at the wear bars as well with only a half a day of track use prior to this weekend. SC1 front/SC2 rear. Last season I was able to get 7! days out of the front and 4 out of the rear. Not looking...
  3. jtdbsr

US N-Tec vs DOT Supercorsa SC

Need new tires soon and thinking about trying the Dunlops, but the only choice I see for the front is medium and medium +. I know this maybe an apples to oranges type of comparison, but how does the Dunlop 7455 front slick compare to the SC1 front DOT Supercorsa? What should I expect traction...
  4. jtdbsr

Van and Trailer Pimpin

That is a sweet setup right there. How much of a pain is loading the bike with the relatively low door height?
  5. jtdbsr

HEADS UP. Round 1 of Moto GP starts this weekend.

Do you ever wonder what you would feel when MM thinks he is way too hot for a corner? There was a replay of him scrubbing speed with the rear wheel about a foot off the ground running wide trying to make the corner.. I would probably just leap from the bike like Edwards did when his Aprilia...
  6. jtdbsr

HEADS UP. Round 1 of Moto GP starts this weekend.

His bike looked very out of control once he got up front where as Rossi's bike by comparison looked to be on rails. he really had to ride the wheels off of it to stay ahead of Rossi.
  7. jtdbsr

Change forum colors???

How much effect does it have on page load times? I'm used to seeing 20-30 threads depending on which forum it is.
  8. jtdbsr

Change forum colors???

I feel the same way. Hate to be against change, but so far the old Nesba colors were the best. As far as functionality, it seems ok. Anyway to display more threads on one page?
  9. jtdbsr

Let's see your best photo from 2013…

They really need to widen the curbing at Thunderbolt... Not as cool of a pic as yours, but zoom in on my left puck
  10. jtdbsr

Looking for lap timers

Another vote for the Pirelli app. Lap times are accurate even with the phone being in my inside pocket of the suit. If you can mount it on the bike in an unobstructed place, even better.
  11. jtdbsr

Anyone have a Harbor Freight 4 x 8 folding trailer?

Audi allroad. 2L turbo engine, not a problem even in the mountains.
  12. jtdbsr

Anyone have a Harbor Freight 4 x 8 folding trailer?

I do. Trailer assembly is very important, especially the wheel hub. Make sure you grease them proper and adjust the bearing preload to have a very slight play. The 12" tires spin a lot faster than your car tires and generate some heat. Check the frame to make sure its square and square it to the...
  13. jtdbsr

Chicken Hawk experience

Moto-D warmers have stitch pockets.
  14. jtdbsr

2014 Schedule Posted

Why not allow the card holders to cash in unused credits? That should eliminate the black market, no?
  15. jtdbsr

Oil filters

I use Motul 300V Double Esther, but keep hearing people talk about how cheap it is. BigBird just posted $22/gallon on Amazon. Won't get any cheaper than that.
  16. jtdbsr

Oil filters

Stick with the OEM filter, you'll save a couple bucks at best by going aftermarket. On the other hand, switching oil brands will save you a lot. Shell Rotella is one of the good choices.