Search results

1. mpusch

How many teams at the Pitt Race endurance round?

For posterity, there was a cutoff around 45 teams at Pitt.
  2. mpusch

Endurance Relay - Pittrace looking for rider

Sorry Mike, didn't see notifications the last couple days. We have three riders at this point, which is probably where we want to be. Would have enjoyed having Blake. Micah Puscheck, WERA 716. Just a club guy.
  3. mpusch

Endurance Relay - Pittrace looking for rider

Been posting all over but still need at least one more guy so we can lock this in. Myself and another rider who is much faster than me are looking for one or two more riders. Since it's relay, you bring your own bike, so there is hardly any logistics to worry about between teammates. Shoot me...
  4. mpusch

Pittrace Bad Crash 4/23/2022

Just catching up on this thread now, since I just made it out for the first time to this year (at Pitt). Wow! Glad to hear you're on the mend. Chiming in here because I'm also in the Buffalo area, so if there's something I can do to help I'd be happy to. Don't know what that would even be at...
  5. mpusch

Pitt Race 10/10/21 crash video

Glad to hear! I would add my two cents now since I just saw it for the first time, but everyone covered it well. I crashed doing something similar several years ago on the left hander going up the hill. Adding lean angle and throttle at the same time. No bueno. Actually lost a couple hours of...
  6. mpusch

PittRace 8/20 Wknd Photos

You can message him on facebook. He's a good guy. Photos by Marty, LLC | Facebook
  7. mpusch

Safe passing - a must read!!!!

Good read.
  8. mpusch

2021 New Endurance Relay - Reg Fee

Still open to adding another rider. One of our guys won't be able to participate in this one, so we need one more than planned. Let me know if you're interested!
  9. mpusch

2021 New Endurance Relay - Reg Fee

Hey Chris. I'm looking for a third right now for that round. Two wera experts on 600 class bikes though I don't think we'll be in competition for the win. We should talk.
  10. mpusch

7/10 Pitt race videos

That's moving pretty good. Dunno if either of you have raced, but there's a WERA/N2 weekend coming up in August at Pittrace. Being in the 55s in the 600s I'll bet he would have some other bikes to ride with.
  11. mpusch

Pitt 7/10

3:05 - (way up front) had to be one of the weirder "blends" I've seen coming on track for T3. 4:11 - This is one of my favorite passing spots, but you need a good run out of the last S to make it work. The second rider looked like he was complicating that clean pass some. You probably would...
  12. mpusch

7/10 Pitt race videos

Yeah I saw that. Often takes a few days for people to upload and stuff.
  13. mpusch

Pitt 7/10

The addiction usually doesn't get better. I started with only making a 3.5 hour drive to Pittrace (when it was only 1/2 the size it currently is), then 7 hours to New Jersey, and now I drive 14 hours to Barber once a year. I'm really glad you enjoyed the track, pretty hard to dislike Pitt!
  14. mpusch

7/10 Pitt race videos

I'm guessing you've already done this, but search "Pittrace" or "n2" or something like that in youtube and sort by most recent.
  15. mpusch

Where to get gear?

As mentioned - STG and Wera forums are my front line. Riders Discount (email or call TJ, their website sucks) and revzilla if the first two options don't have what I need.
  16. mpusch

Best advice from a Coach/Control Rider?

Go race, you'll shave off 3 seconds right away.
  17. mpusch

Pitt 7/10

That's my understanding as well. I think that's one of the best ways to work on passing early on as well. Leave a bit bigger gap than you'd normally be behind someone to give room so that you can be rolling quicker than them as you get to corner exit. It sounds so simple, but it can be easy to...
  18. mpusch

Pitt 7/10

I don't think anyone here feels that way at all. Thinking critically about passing and the rules for your group is a sign of a responsible rider.
  19. mpusch

Pitt 7/10

Agree with pretty much all that. Extra agree on the part with erring on the side of caution. There's almost always a decision point of whether you're going to back off or make the move. For me it's always been a very conscious event. Many, many times I have opted (even in races) to be patient...
  20. mpusch

Pitt 7/10

You're touching on some great points. I've always done my best to follow the rules in the group I've been in, but I think that some flexibility needs to be there too. To be clear, I don't speak for N2 and I'm not a CR. They may disagree with me :) Going on the record for specific situations is...