Search results

1. Alan #14

Barber and tires

Yes, I'm running Q3's
  2. Alan #14

Body position help

Like said before, slide back a bit, hang half your rear off the seat, and lower your elbows. You look a little stiff in the pic.
  3. Alan #14

Clips for safety wire

Thanks for the replies I'm going to go check Home Depot. I want to use them on my axle nut, oil filler, and radiator cap.
  4. Alan #14

N2 Credits for sale

Sorry, they are not.
  5. Alan #14

Clips for safety wire

I keep my bike safety wired for the street and track I simply like the extra safety. I noticed several people using clips with their safety wire setups and rear axle nut, where do you get the clips? I like the ability to access the fill plug without having to rewire every time also not having...
  6. Alan #14

Barber and tires

Thanks guy! I was already leaning towards a new rear, so now I will definitely have a new tire before then.
  7. Alan #14

An Ode to Squids

I have always heard dress for the slide, not the ride. But both are the same.
  8. Alan #14

Barber and tires

I know there are a lot of factors in tire wear but how abrasive is Barber on tires? Is it like Tally or RA? My rear tire is marginal on the left side from Tally but decent on the right. Just curious if I need to have a backup for two days at Barber. This will be my first time at Barber. TIA
  9. Alan #14

Busa tire size

I really wish I was but I will be working:( My next planned track day is in November at Barber.
  10. Alan #14

Busa tire size

Thanks guys! The bike is heavy enough without adding more resistance to leaning into the corners. I will keep working on getting further off the bike. I have gotten better, but I know I still have a lot to learn and plenty of areas to improve.
  11. Alan #14

Busa tire size

Currently I track my Gen1 Busa and I'm taking her all the way to the edge of the tire with the factory size of 190-50, would I be better off running a 190-55 or a 200-50? I don't want to run out of rubber. Right now I'm running Q3's if that helps.
  12. Alan #14

2nd Track Day with N2

Thanks John! I'm looking forward to many more track days and Lord willing hopefully one day I can ride in A group. Until that day comes I'm going to continue to work on the skills you mentioned. I will say that I can't speak highly enough of the staff and control riders of N2. Ya'll are some...
  13. Alan #14

2nd Track Day with N2

I can see that happening too. I'm already sorta preparing myself to sell the Busa in favor of a lighter more agile bike when that day comes. That is a hard thought because I really like the bike and its fun to see people's reaction when they see one get low
  14. Alan #14

2nd Track Day with N2

Last Saturday at Tally was my second track day with N2 and third in all. I got bumped to Intermediate which solidified me riding the track. I've noticed that its taking me longer to go back to street trim (its been a week and I still have my track tires on the bike).
  15. Alan #14

N2 Credits for sale

Ian, PM sent
  16. Alan #14

Dunlop Q3 PSI info for track day?

FWIW I ended up running 30/30 psi hot during my last track day. When I checked the pressure the next morning they were 22/22 psi cold. I'm hustling a Busa around the track in I class.
  17. Alan #14

Gen 1 Busa wheel wanted

I know this may be a long shot on here but I'm looking for a Gen 1 Hayabusa front wheel with rotors. I need it for the track. That way it will be much faster and cheaper switching between the street to track and back to the street. So if anybody has one or knows of one for sale for a...
  18. Alan #14

New to N2, Cumming GA

Are you planning to attend any other track days this year? Barber is on my radar for November. See you in the mountains or around Cumming with my office so close to you we're bound to meet on the road. lol
  19. Alan #14

1st N2 experience 7.5.15

I'm going to be at Tally on the 15th
  20. Alan #14

New to N2

Thanks y'all! I'm planning on riding at Tally in two weeks and hopefully be at Barber in November. It was definitely a blast and really changed my riding style on the street. I'm much more confidant and aware of my surroundings.