Search results

1. T

Roebling 600 gearings

Hey y’all, It’ll be out first time at Roebling in a few weeks. We’re racing our 600RR for the endurance race. Curious what front/rear gearings are optimal for 600s at this track. Tom
  2. T

Endurance- Road Atlanta and Barber practice days

Hey all. It’s still a little far out but we didn’t see any endurance practice day posted for the Road Atlanta 09/03 and Barber 10/21 endurance races. Not sure if N2 just hadn’t posted them or if the practice is hosted by another organization. Does anyone happen to know? Any info would be...
  3. T

CBR front end chatters under braking

Okay, I'll check the steering damper. John, what grit sandpaper should you use to scuff the rotors?
  4. T

Thanks, I tried to visually inspect the rotors runout which appeared to be fine but I'll have to use the dial indicator to be sure. The rotor thickness appeared to be fine and even. Kaley, The brakes definitively get spongy/soft after each session; I replaced the front stock brake hoses with...
  5. T

Hey everyone, I've got a 2008 CBR that would chatter under moderate to hard braking. I have had this problem since the day I bought the bike. I tried to rebuild the forks. When I serviced the forks, I noticed the fork bushings were worn unevenly on both forks. Could the forks not be aligned...
  6. T

N2 Registration is now live!

Hi, do you guys have a phone number I can call? I'm having issues using my track day credits.
  7. T

2004-2006 Used Yamaha R1 Armour Bodies Race Track Fairings

Sorry Ryon, no one bought it so I ended giving it away for free; can you believe that?
  8. T

2004-2006 Used Yamaha R1 Armour Bodies Race Track Fairings

Hi, I have a used complete set of 2004-2006 Yamaha R1 Amour Bodies race track fairings for sale, $175 (local pickup in Herndon, VA). The fairings were low sided on the left side but still in good shape. The color is Yamaha Blue and Black. It comes with a fender, top cowl, bottom cowl, and tail...
  9. T

Wanted: 2007+ Honda 600RR or 2006+ Yamaha R6

Hey all, I'm looking for a 2006+ Honda 600RR or 2006+ Yamaha R6 track bike. I live in Northern VA. If you have one for sale, please PM me. Thanks.
  10. T

Mike Moore

I was telling my friends about how Mike gave me tons of tips this season both on my riding and also with my bike. He is a real cool guy. I've been riding with NESBA for a couple years and I consider NESBA to be one of the safest organization out there. However, I'm just surprise to hear things...
  11. T

Shock Rebuild Question

Thanks for the tip. Can you point me to the race tech bleed valve tool you're talking about? For OEM Showa forks, I would need a nitrogen needle to bleed the nitrogen, correct? Something like this? http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/9/205/4959/ITEM/Motion-Pro-Nitrogen-Needle-Set.aspx
  12. T

Shock Rebuild Question

Hey all, I'm trying to start learning to rebuild or service shocks. I spent some good money on shock tools and I want to to start. But before I do, I'm not sure how, where to go to recharge nitrogen in the shocks. I'd like to be able to do it at home without driving to a shop every time because...
  13. T

R1 steering head shakes

I guess it's more of hard vibrations than head shakes. I can feel it through the handle bars. The bike do not wobble. Tom
  14. T

R1 steering head shakes

I guess it's more of hard vibrations than head shakes. I can feel it through the handle bars. The bike do not wobble. Tom
  15. T

R1 steering head shakes

I raised the rear shock by 2mm and measured the total rear height to be 5mm taller than before. Yes, I did try putting the rear ride height back to stock height and no difference.
  16. T

R1 steering head shakes

I also forgot to mention that I washed out the front on cold tire and crashed under hard braking at the very first day.
  17. T

R1 steering head shakes

Well Greg, A lot has changed since last season. Let's see. 1) My motor blew so I put in a new motor 2) Took the bike down to the main engine frame 3) Took out swing arm to repack grease on swing arm bearings 4) Serviced both front forks and rear shocks 5) New brake pads, new rotors, new...
  18. T

R1 steering head shakes

Hi all, I have a 2006 Yamaha R1 that has been having steering head shakes or vibration problem since the beginning of the season and I cannot figure out what it is. It happens at speed over 100mph+ and gets worse under hard acceleration. If I upshift, then it would have less head shake. Any...
  19. T

In Defense of the Small Bikes!

I personally think starting off on a small bike at the track is the right thing to do and I wish I had done that. I have a friend and know people on 250s that started off at the track the same time I did and got so much faster than I (who started off on a 600 at the track).
  20. T

R1 fishtailing

I agree. Thanks everyone for the tips. I have a couple of things I could try now: first thing first is the correct spring for my weight. Now I just have to wait 4 months for the first track day.