Search results

1. T

Roebling 600 gearings

Hey y’all, It’ll be out first time at Roebling in a few weeks. We’re racing our 600RR for the endurance race. Curious what front/rear gearings are optimal for 600s at this track. Tom
  2. T

Endurance- Road Atlanta and Barber practice days

Hey all. It’s still a little far out but we didn’t see any endurance practice day posted for the Road Atlanta 09/03 and Barber 10/21 endurance races. Not sure if N2 just hadn’t posted them or if the practice is hosted by another organization. Does anyone happen to know? Any info would be...
  3. T

CBR front end chatters under braking

Hey everyone, I've got a 2008 CBR that would chatter under moderate to hard braking. I have had this problem since the day I bought the bike. I tried to rebuild the forks. When I serviced the forks, I noticed the fork bushings were worn unevenly on both forks. Could the forks not be aligned...
  4. T

2004-2006 Used Yamaha R1 Armour Bodies Race Track Fairings

Hi, I have a used complete set of 2004-2006 Yamaha R1 Amour Bodies race track fairings for sale, $175 (local pickup in Herndon, VA). The fairings were low sided on the left side but still in good shape. The color is Yamaha Blue and Black. It comes with a fender, top cowl, bottom cowl, and tail...
  5. T

Wanted: 2007+ Honda 600RR or 2006+ Yamaha R6

Hey all, I'm looking for a 2006+ Honda 600RR or 2006+ Yamaha R6 track bike. I live in Northern VA. If you have one for sale, please PM me. Thanks.
  6. T

Shock Rebuild Question

Hey all, I'm trying to start learning to rebuild or service shocks. I spent some good money on shock tools and I want to to start. But before I do, I'm not sure how, where to go to recharge nitrogen in the shocks. I'd like to be able to do it at home without driving to a shop every time because...
  7. T

R1 steering head shakes

Hi all, I have a 2006 Yamaha R1 that has been having steering head shakes or vibration problem since the beginning of the season and I cannot figure out what it is. It happens at speed over 100mph+ and gets worse under hard acceleration. If I upshift, then it would have less head shake. Any...
  8. T

R1 fishtailing

Hey Gents, I have a problem on my 2006 R1 last season where the bike would fishtail under hard braking (i.e 1st turn at Summit). However, it feels solid on the turns. I had put a zip tie on a fork and notice I'm still have about 1 inch of suspension travel left, yet the bike is already...
  9. T

Paint job

Hey all, Anybody know of anyone in or near Northern Virginia that paint fairings? I tried to painting before and never again. Tom
  10. T

Rear Shock Service

Hey all, Do you guys know where I can ship or take my rear shock to for its yearly service? And how much it normally cost (so I don't get ripped off)? I live in Northern Virginia. Thanks in advance, Tom
  11. T

Stuck Drive Sprocket

Hey all, I recently did an engine swap for my R1 and cannot seem to unbolt my front drive sprocket bolt. I tried removing it with the chain on and using a long wrench. However, when I try turning the drive sprocket bolt, the bike would move a bit. The bolt may have overly torqued and locked...
  12. T

Engine Maintainance?

Hey guys, Just some questions regarding engine maintainance. I recently somehow blew my R1 engine with barely 1 season on the track (the rest were street miles). The crankshaft connecting rod somehow broke and punctured a hole through the lower engine block. There was absolutely no sign (i.e...
  13. T

Changing R1 motor

Hey everyone, I recently blew my 2006 R1 motor. I'm trying to look for another motor but I'm not sure where and how to shop for one. Do you guys have any tips and price range to shop for? Also, do you guys know how much a new motor goes for and it is worth getting a new one? Tom
  14. T

Wanted: Yamaha R1 04-06 Egnine Motor

Hi, I'm looking for a new or used engine motor in Good or Excellent condition for Yamaha R1 04-06. Let me know if you have one you want to sell.
  15. T

Race Body Paint?

Hey all, I just bought some race fairings for my R1 and would like to paint them. Does anyone know where I can buy affordable paint? I have my own paint gun. I'm just doing 2 colors: Yamaha Blue and Black. Tom
  16. T

Bead breaker and wheel balancer tool

Hey all, I was thinking about buying a set of bead breaker and wheel balancer tools to change my tires myself since I change them pretty often. My question, is it okay to buy a cheap set of bead breaker and wheel balancer. I don't know how accurate these static wheel balancer are. Here are two...
  17. T

Stuck Oil Seal!

Thanks for the tips before guys. One problem after another. I just discovered that my oil seals are badly stuck to the outer fork tubes. When I say badly, it looks like the rubber just melted onto the forks. I've tried using some solvent and WD40 and those seals do not budge. I have an oil...
  18. T

Removing compression/rebound valves

Hi, I have an 07 GSXR-750. I might just have a shop do it for me because I'm sort of stuck. I was able to take the compression valve off but not the rebound valve off of the damper cartridge rod. The damper rod has a bolt that is "peened " in (in 4 spots). My question is, how the heck do I...
  19. T

Installing rebound/compression Race Tech gold valves

Hi, Does anyone know of any shop that I could go to to have a set of Race Tech rebound/compression gold valves install? Tom
  20. T

Summit Main Track Condition

Hi, Does any one know what the pavement condition is like at Summit Main after they recently re-paved? Whether they've actually re-pave it correctly this time? Tom