Search results

1. mdhokie

WTB: 2015+ R1 wheel set

Want to buy spare wheel set for 2015+ Yamaha R1, complete with rotors + spacers
  2. mdhokie

How many teams at the Pitt Race endurance round?

I heard there were a lot of entries. How many do we have? Is there going to be some cut-off for max number of teams?
  3. mdhokie

Congratulations Blake, BHM, N2!

Great race at Daytona!
  4. mdhokie

Thanks for the bump starts

My bike's starter decided to fail at Summit Point on Monday, so I had to get my bike bump-started all day. I want to give a shout out to all my pit neighbors who gave me pushes to help me participate all day! I put in a new starter today and the bike should get going under its own power next time.
  5. mdhokie

Anything to prep for race school

Hi, I'm signed up for the race school at NCBike May 1. Anything I ought to do to prepare? I'm planning on going ahead with all the safety wire required by WERA, and am running just water + water wetter for coolant. That will be my first time back on the track since last year, so I am prepared to...
  6. mdhokie

Nolan Lamkin race data

Nolan Lamkin, one of the MotoAmerica racers, decided to post race data from the past couple of years on the internet: https://motoamerica.com/tech-tuesday-nolan-lamkin-gives-it-all-away/ The data there is compatible with the RaceStudio Analysis software that comes with AIM Solo and the other...
  7. mdhokie

Pitt Race - coaching tips

I liked the last few coaching tips threads on NCBike and Summit Point. CRs: what are the most common mistakes you saw last weekend, and best tips for a good lap time at Pitt Race? I want to be faster!
  8. mdhokie

Congrats to Xavier

After the bike trouble yesterday, great job getting 4th in the rain! I guess you fixed whatever was making it overheat?
  9. mdhokie

Anybody with AIM SOLO lap timer data for NJMP Thunderbolt?

Hey, I just got one of the AIM SOLO 2 lap timers, used it for the first time yesterday at NJMP. Trying to figure out how to use the race studio software that comes with it. I think the most helpful thing is comparing speed vs location on track, so with each lap you compare, you can see which...
  10. mdhokie

Tips for R1 on track

Hi, this will be my second full season on the track with N2. Last year, I used my street Yamaha FZ1; it was reasonably fast and I think a great bike to learn on. I picked up a 2010 R1 over the winter and plan on using it this season. I wanted an R6, but I got a good deal on a race-ready track...
  11. mdhokie

NJMP 9/4/17 I group crash in the grass

I don't know who this was, couldn't make out the bike numbers, but there was a off-in-the-grass low-speed crash that I saw looking back through some old video from last season. It was off in the grass out of turn 1, I think used front brake and turned dead sideways and did a low-speed high...
  12. mdhokie

How to evaluate life left in used slicks?

I recently bought a track bike for next season, and the seller gave me 5 sets of used race slicks (Dunlop) and a set of race rain tires. Some are smooth, some are rough, some have the blue on the outside and some don't, but I know the outside appearance changes pretty quick and can go from...
  13. mdhokie

Quickshifter and side stand?

Just bought an R1 that came equipped with a dynojet quickshifter and no kickstand. Looks like the quickshifter is attached to one of the side stand mounting points. I am a little uncomfortable trying to hold the bike with one hand while reaching around for a rear stand, so I would prefer to...
  14. mdhokie

Who has just one glove in a set?

After a crash earlier this year, my right glove was destroyed (fingers ripped, hole in palm). The left glove has some light scuffing but is just fine. It pains me to throw away a serviceable glove when they cost so much, so out of curiosity I'm wondering if this happens to many people...
  15. mdhokie

Camera mount fail video

Glad I got safety wiring on my camera: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1-ptMJ_vsVdem9yUG5FMVNzTnM
  16. mdhokie

Novice group 5/1/17 - did you go off track?

I have some video footage of somebody going off track if whoever it is would like to see it for educational purposes. White bike, yellow tire trim, black jacket with yellow helmet; couldn't see the bike number. PM me and I'll find some way to share.
  17. mdhokie

MotoAmerica tickets with purchase of Dunlop Q3

Just saw this online: http://www.dunlopmotorcycletires.com/fun/promotions/motoamerica-rebate-ticket-offer/
  18. mdhokie

Aluminum/magnetic oil drain plug?

I was looking at buying a pre-drilled oil drain plug to save the trouble of drilling myself for safety wire. There are a bunch of pre-drilled magnetic drain plugs on ebay and performance shops, but they all seem to be made of aluminum and on some of them, the top of the bolt head is mostly...
  19. mdhokie

First N2 track day, NJMP

Hi all, Rider from MD, new to N2. Going to my first track day at NJMP Thunderbolt. My only track experience to date is taking the 2-day YCRS course at Thunderbolt earlier this summer; wanted to return to a familiar track and practice what I learned. This is the first time I'll be taking my...