Search results

1. C

Bar ends?

I copy that. Thanks for the response! I’ll throw the cheesy bar end/lever protectors I have on this evening.
  2. C

Bar ends?

I was looking through the rider manual and I couldn’t find any information related to whether or not bikes running In Novice have to have bar ends installed. I probably totally missed it but I’d appreciate knowing for sure if I need to cut my grips and install bar ends for CMP this weekend...
  3. C

CMP 10/17

I’ll take all the coaching and advice anyone is will to give! I’m easy to spot; just look for the dude on the clapped out, stickered up squid machine that use to be a good looking 2010 cbr1000rr!
  4. C

CMP 10/17

Looking forward to my first and only trackday this season. Had a shoulder surgery that put me out of commission until now. Hoping to have a safe, fun, and educational day with the N2 crew! Appreciate all you coaches, riders, guys and gals, that make the track experience so much fun!
  5. C

CMP 10/17-10/18

Ride loose? Roger that. With the colder temps would it be a good idea to run slightly lower tire PSI?
  6. C

CMP 10/17-10/18

What will I be working on????! Corner entry corner exit More Full throttle, less coasting Trail breaking ...... The list could go on and on!
  7. C

2010 CBR 1k Suspension upgrades

Very good point. And I totally agree. I definitely need to work on my skills, especially corner entry. I plan on doubling my track time, and tire budget, next season. But I’m sure you’ll agree with my next point; confidence is priceless. The more research I do the more I believe my first step...
  8. C

2010 CBR 1k Suspension upgrades

I’m new to the track. This season was my first and after 3 track day’s I’m thinking about upgrading my suspension. I’m a novice but try to brake as late and hard as my skill level will allow. My current suspension set up seems balanced for my weight; 215lbs with full gear. I had me bike and set...
  9. C

LF someone who can weld 848 rear set mounts

I second the above response! Having access to both sides is essential! From the research I’ve done and what I believe is wrong with the frame/rear set area, I would TIG weld this repair. Any competent weld shop should be about to take care of that repair.
  10. C

Total newbie for 2021

Welcome Todd! Just my 2cents: don’t use a brand new, and expensive, bike as a first track bike. Especially if you’re on a budget. I was like you at the beginning of this season and I’m glad I did not take a brand new bike to the track! Look at your options in the classified section here, on...
  11. C

LF someone who can weld 848 rear set mounts

I’m located in NC. I’ve worked as a welder ever since getting out of the military. That was in 2003! I can TIG, stick,MIG and Oxy fuel weld. I currently have an AC/DC TIG/stick set up in my garage. It’s capable of handling up to 1/2” steel or 1/4 aluminum. I’m not familiar with the repair you...
  12. C

NC Bike 9/19-9/20

He’s worried about dudes like me! I’ll be there Sunday. Seriously looking forward to it!
  13. C

Hey everyone!

I saw your van at NC bike! I’m a noob but really enjoy the N2 environment! Seems the coaches aren’t as aggressive as the coaches I encountered at my first track day at NJMP or maybe I was riding a little better and didn’t need that much coaching! Anyway, like others have said, ask and you shall...
  14. C

2010 CBR1000rr race glass?

Hello! I’m hooked on the track environment! I’m converting my bike to a track only ride and I’m looking for some track fairings. I’m trying to find some used units or slightly thrashed parts that I can get on the cheap. Does anyone have some fairings for a 2010(2008-20011) that they’re looking...
  15. C

Tech early?

Everything is as ready as it can be! Thank you all for your input and insight. I look forward to a glorious weekend. Starting at 7am!
  16. C

Tech early?

I think the bike will be fine. I have changed Nothing on it since passing tech at NJMP last month. I even left the tape on the lights! But I like to over think and complicate things, so I’ll still have someone check it out. Just in case.
  17. C

Tech early?

I’ll take that as a yes! Thanks
  18. C

Tech early?

I’m doing my first track day with N2, and the second track day of my life, this Saturday at NC Bike. I’m planning on setting up a pit/paddock area Friday night. If I get There early enough can I go through tech Friday? Just curious since there will be a track day going on Friday. Thanks
  19. C

Best place to stay near NC Bike(Garysburg NC)?

Thanks Kruizen. I’ll be there around 6pm Friday night. How would I identify you? I mentioned reserving a spot because the NCbike/car Website mentions that spots with power outlet have to be reserved and paid for. I’ll probably just pick up a cheap generator anyway, so a powered spot doesn’t...
  20. C

Best place to stay near NC Bike(Garysburg NC)?

Yeah, I hear ya Arioch! Funny, I never even thought of that. Thanks for putting things into perspective! I haven’t been to a paddock the night before an event to see what’s left overnight. But I sure did see A LOT of set ups and bikes A WHOLE LOT MORE EXPENSIVE than anything I’d like to take to...