Search results

1. avizpls

BeaveRun Gate fees

Historically, NESBA events have been gate-fee free to encourage friends and family to come visit and see what we're all about. This was not the case at the last event at BeaveRun. Per the guys at the gate, its the way the contract is yada yada. So before I try and encourage people to come see...
  2. avizpls

Roll Calllll Summit Jefferson 6/29

The 30th was cancelled >, but its game-on for the 29th! It'll be a day of firsts for me, not the least of which being my first day at Jefferson, and first full day in A group. So uh....I'll be in the back, and when you come around behind me again...be nice :o Cant wait! :D
  3. avizpls

Suspension change in going to slicks

So I figured I'd give slicks a try to see how I like them. I have a set of Bridgestones on the way regular soft front and Med rear. What I'm looking for is general advice on what the difference is going to be in going to race tires....will need more rebound, less. Front vs Rear changes... I know...
  4. avizpls

BeaveRun dates

Just two.....any reason to hold out hope for more this year?
  5. avizpls

New (future) rider

Remember that girl from BeavRun? Well, she is no longer pregnant, and so we welcome to the world Hayden Elise:
  6. avizpls

Rent a bike? Beaver aug11

:notsure: yeah...so I may be without a bike and I don't have a backup just yet. I wish I did. But is there a hope or a prayer that someone would lend me a bike for a fee? All the terms you'd assume, break it fix it, wreck it buy it. I'll even put my own tires on it. :o I'm hoping to have mine...
  7. avizpls

Close call race video

I dont know anything about this other than.....wow. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzJOY0nzKIw
  8. avizpls

Any I Group Vids from NJMP 17th?

I know there were a bunch of cameras out there....one that I saw blinking red ;) Anyone want to upload some entertainment?
  9. avizpls

WTB Rotory Damper

So I have a bike that has no stock damper and the easiest way I will be able to fabricate my own mount will be with a rotary damper like the Scotts or GPR Anyone have one to sell? Fitting kit is irrelevant since I'll have to make all my own stuff anyways.
  10. avizpls

Want Q2. Tried Q2. Failed at Q2....now what?

I have always run Bridgestone BT003RS (street) as my TD tire. It got me thru B, and I just ordered another set to round out my year in I. I tried running Q2's this year, but they were so much wider than the 'stones that the rear rubbed on the chain some. Nobody likes chain lube on thier tire...
  11. avizpls

waste of a thread, but someone else needs to see this quote

Nesba bumped me up from Novice to Advanced after the first morning session. The rear CR that was evaluating me couldn't keep up and the front guy slowed me down. I got the wave to pass the front CR and pretty much checked out. Pulled into pits and they basically didn't believe me it was my first...
  12. avizpls

Yamaha 50 Anniversary. Everyone likes videos!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQMjeC0kItU&feature=player_embedded Look, they might not be very good actors....but.. anyways just watch it :D .congrats on 50 years Yami!
  13. avizpls

NJMP 5/14 5/15-Who's in?

http://tracktalk.nesba.com/showthread.php?t=19023
  14. avizpls

Off-Topic. Help cheer my wife up?

Our neighbors house caught on fire last night. The mother had to be rescued from a second floor window. My wife has been in hysterics. This was all the last straw in what has been a very stressful few months for her. So thats the reason I want to cheer her up today. And one sure fire way to do...
  15. avizpls

Iomtt3d

Passing along if you didnt catch this all ready. http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi2274204953/ Hopefully it IS in a theater near me!
  16. avizpls

A trailer interior re-do

So people (myself included at the start of this project) are always looking for trailer ideas and how other people did it. So here's what I ended up with. Total size: 6x12. Floors are "rhino lines" spray-on type. E track up the floor and walls. A second piece on the left wall for taller...
  17. avizpls

Hondas GP gearbox

During the Qatar MotoGP and the Sepang practice, Ive been hearing about Hondas new gear box. And the clutch too, but I dont know about either one. Here is some interesting reading on the gearbox. Makes me want to fine-tune my quickshifter to make it more stable leaned over if I can. Linked
  18. avizpls

Race fuel and jetting

I have a carburetor-fueled bike which runs merely OK on pump gas. I have upped the compression....but mostly I want to get away from methanol on this bike. I think I want to use Sunoco's 110octane Leaded fuel. I have a few questions and I cant tell from researching online who knows what. 1)...
  19. avizpls

Names to rode to work today for the first time this year

:D :p :D 62F this morning in Pittsburgh? Uh, ya, roll out the bike. Southern states need not apply.
  20. avizpls

A buisness to cater to the trackday rider

A co-worker of mine knows a lot about my trackdays. He is not a rider himself. He presented me with this idea. He thinks that there is a niche here to be filled by someone who could offer "mentoring" advice, mechanical instruction....I'll reserve my opinion. We wanted to see what you, the...