Search results

1. clockworkjon

How do you pay for your track days?

I know there are some of us that are at the track or racing around the midwest almost every weekend. With tires, repairs, transportation, fees, etc. it gets pretty expensive. I was wondering what everyone does for a living that allows them to feed this costly addiction. I'll start. I'm a...
  2. clockworkjon

Random BHF question...

This may seem like a strange question, but does anyone know how long the main straight at BHF is or at least how it compares to RA? That's it, thanks!
  3. clockworkjon

First Track Day: The good, the bad, and the ugly. (LONG)

Ok, so Tuesday at Road America was my first track day. Overall I would have to say it was awesome and I can't wait to do more and more. I definitely need another hit off the track pipe! :D The Good: TURN ONE RACING FTMFW! Seriously, you guys made my day possible. To Marshall, Ben, Joe...
  4. clockworkjon

Photographers?

Is there always a photographer around during track days?
  5. clockworkjon

w00h00! I'm official!

Just finished paying for my membership and first track day! Look for #315 at RA on 5/5! :D :D :D :D
  6. clockworkjon

Not really that technical, but...

...where do you get the number decals from? That's it, that's all I want to know. Thanks!
  7. clockworkjon

Can you tell tire wear from a picture?

Just like the title says, if I post up pics of my tires, can anyone tell me if they'll pass tech? I'm doing my first track on 5/5 and if I don't have to buy all new tires immediately, that would be nice. Please let me know if you can help. Thanks!
  8. clockworkjon

Newb question - bike hauling

I'm new to track days, my first one will be this season, and as such I don't have all the typical track day equipment. Most notably, I have no truck or trailer to haul my bike with. I was wondering if any of you have ever rented a U-Haul for the day in order to haul your bike. Seems ghetto...
  9. clockworkjon

Another newb from WI!

Hey everyone! Been riding a couple seasons on my '07 FZ6. Looking forward to my first track day pretty soon. Hope to do a few this year. I welcome any and all advice you may have on bike setup, first track day tips, etc. Cheers! ... Just noticed another new guy signed up this month...