Search results

1. dbakerpa

My track only bike, Keep or remove chain guard?

i dont know if Fitz is still on the site but I bet he would recomend you keep it. Toe in sprocket =bad.
  2. dbakerpa

Front Brake Resivor

I have always made brackets for mine to rotate them out of the way. Play with your clipons too. You may be out a bit straight.
  3. dbakerpa

Insurance and the track

My buddy crashed his and they covered everything including helmet and leathers. He has State Farm. Erie has a closed circuit exclusion -thats what I have.
  4. dbakerpa

CSS vs YCRS

I would have done CSS yearly if I had the money. When I am able to start riding again I will go back. Best money to spend if you want to find your sweet spot. Have never done YCRS but a few years ago they did stuff on street tires at a skills day that boosted my track confidence almost as much.
  5. dbakerpa

Wanted: First Gen SV650 parts

check TWF forum or svriders.com. They always have something. If your looking at rear sets cheap get some back plates from svracingparts.com and pick some woodraft pegs and a shift rod. That will save you about 150 bucks. You will have to shorten the rear brake line. I used stock peg holders to...
  6. dbakerpa

Sv 650 for sale or trade

send pics text a couple pics. 252threefour 1eight516 I need a project
  7. dbakerpa

Don't do this...

I agree with not touching the brake until you get everything else at a reasonable comfort level. As you learn to increase your corner speed you will figure out trail braking and even scrubbing through the corner. The nice thing about the sv is that you can still enter the corner pretty fast...
  8. dbakerpa

What flooring to use for gravel/dirt pit space?

Rain or oil they are fine. Rain and oil you need to find a handle. I had a leak then it sprinkled and I almost killed myself. It was probably pretty funny to watch.
  9. dbakerpa

Don't do this...

sorry to hear you went down. Sorry about he clutch. I use so little clutch I didnt realize it was slack. Ask one of the other SV riders about blipping as you down shift. This will decrease you entry braking. If you need any rebuild advice give me a shout out.
  10. dbakerpa

What flooring to use for gravel/dirt pit space?

Tractor Supply stall mats work great and are durable and cleanable and dont roll the pits up when you go home. I use mine at home now and they are also easy on the knees in the garage.
  11. dbakerpa

Buzzed

They are good about getting back in front of you if you start to loose the line again. I know if I have a rider behind me and we are really smoking the corners and then they get off my tire and pass on the straight they will start to loose the line once they are by. I think this means keep doing...
  12. dbakerpa

02 SV650 race bike

Just repainted the tank. somebody needs this. I hate to part it out I just built it.
  13. dbakerpa

WTB SV tank 99-02

I am interested in anyone who has a tank dented or not for a street build I am doing. If it is dented but has most of the contours intact Im interested.
  14. dbakerpa

02 SV650 race bike

It is a shame I just bought a tractor. Might have been able to work a trade.
  15. dbakerpa

02 SV650 race bike

Unfortunately some family health issues are requiring I not be away at the track. This means my newly built SV is up for sale. It has old body work that I reinforced and customized. I believe it is Godfather Racing GSXR body. I fixed it so it fits an SV without being too wide. I have taken the...
  16. dbakerpa

wheres da mojo

I guess I will have to have GMD or someone look at it. This is the first frame up build Ive done. It just was really wonky feeling. I didnt expect to get right back on pace but I didnt want to go from 39-40s on the North course to 55-60s. I was thinking maybe I was getting to old. I did manage...
  17. dbakerpa

wheres da mojo

So I took a year off, couldnt stand it. I built a new bike, not as fast, but set up as well or better than my last bike. I rode VIR like I had never been there before. Lost the front on an easy outside pass. I couldnt get comfortable on the bike after five sessions. Anyone else experience this...
  18. dbakerpa

What exercises do you do to help you ride?

four corner lunges, cable pulls, bike about 200 mies a week. Oh yeah lots of planks of every kind. Its all about the core.
  19. dbakerpa

2009 Suzuki GSXR 600 Supersport

Cal is this Cardenas 09 bike? If it is I may have a friend interested.
  20. dbakerpa

New old guy

Welcome to nesba from an old -old guy. You will love it. You will also be looking for a track bike soon.