Search results

1. needknees

FS: YZ/WR SuperMoto kit

If the hubs fit an 09 I'd be all over this!
  2. needknees

Dodge B2500 Cargo Van/track Van

Interested in this. What's the total miles on the van?
  3. needknees

Fs: 2006 ktm 625 smc

I've never done it before but I would be willing to work with people on shipping
  4. needknees

Fs: 2006 ktm 625 smc

****BIKE IS SOLD, THANKS!**** Selling my 2006 625 SMC. I'm the second owner, the bike has ~7500 miles, clean & clear title in hand, reliable and a complete freakin riot to ride. Completely street legal, with a street title. Only mods are an upgraded front rotor (EBC) and Vesrah brake pads...
  5. needknees

FS: 08+ CBR 1000 parts!

Anyone?
  6. needknees

FS: 08+ CBR 1000 parts!

Selling aftermarket stuff for 2008+ CBR1000RR (and the bike too if you're interested...) Woodcraft engine case covers (both sides) $250 shipped for the pair Vortex fully adjustable rearsets - $295 Shipped Cox radiator guard (HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend this if you don't have one!!!) - $50 shipped...
  7. needknees

Tankslapper

Nope but I've definitely thought about it... Kinda left that out of my previous post. The bike is equipped with the stock Honda HESD -- I've heard people on both sides the stock unit. Some say it works just fine for track use and some say it's completely and totally inadequate. Listening to the...
  8. needknees

Tankslapper

Yep that's me, interesting to see how fast my little oh shit moment is traveling around the internet :p Tires are D209GPAs at 33F/23R HOT off the warmers per Dunlop's suggestion. Suspension baseline setup was done by Ken Hall at Superbike Italia and tweaked by Ducati Omaha. The keychain is the...
  9. needknees

Another tire wear thread... D211GPA

Thanks for the info everyone. It sounds like the 211s like to be run ~21/31 off the warmers instead of 23/33 like dunlop recommends. I didn't make it to the track at the beginning of this month but will be going Aug21 to the same track I ran these at earlier. Weather conditions should be...
  10. needknees

99 SV 659 Race Bike

Sent you an email.
  11. needknees

Rumor of new track

The only country club type track I've been to is Autobahn. When we were having a trackday there on the north course the south course was open for members to use. Throughout the day people would roll in and run on the track. Sounds like basically they can come play whenever they want to...
  12. needknees

FS: 1999 Suzuki GSX-R600/$1300/Eastern IA

Sent you a PM.
  13. needknees

I'll be damned. I was going off what the TDS listed... http://www.trackdaystore.com/Dunlop-Race-Tires-D211GPA-DOTs-120-190-Set_p_412.html
  14. needknees

Slowpoke -- the D211GPA is available in either a soft or medium front, and soft/med or med/hard rear. I went with a medium front and the med/hard rear. Regarding stability... I'm more concerned about the wear on the front than stability at this point. I've come to the conclusion that my...
  15. needknees

Wouldn't that take weight OFF the front and make straight line stability _worse_? What I am envisioning is lower the steer tube of the bike by raising the fork tubes in the triples, which would bring more weight to the front of the bike. Unless I'm mistaken :confused: My next trackday will be...
  16. needknees

Haha, that's what I'm basing my guesses off of. It's a great video but it really is tough to tell what's happening to the tire without seeing it in person... which makes this thread all the more hilarious. I've got another day coming up next weekend, I'll try dropping pressures down a little...
  17. needknees

How much would you spend on your street bike before considering a track bike?

If you're looking at that kind of money to upgrade your VFR I will echo everyone else in here and say spend (part of) it on a dedicated trackbike! You can get a well set up bike just a few years old for less than that. I've stuck a fair amount of money getting my streetbike prepped for the...
  18. needknees

None. This is why I'm confused, I've never seen any wear like that on the front before. HighWay and sobottka -- I'll try dropping the pressures a little bit but honestly this looks more like a hot tear than a cold tear to me. I'm kind of a newb at reading tires but don't cold tears generally...
  19. needknees

I did a little more research and someone PLEASE correct me if this is wrong... but it seems like this wear was caused by too little weight on the front of the bike? Seems very plausible. I had some serious straightline instability a few weeks ago at MAM. Interestingly enough this wear did not...
  20. needknees

Front right side doesn't look so hot :( Front left side looks ok. What's up with the wear on the right side? This was at a very clockwise oriented track so more wear on the right is not surprising at all but the wear on the front *does* surprise me. I've not had that happen to a set of...