Search results

1. roy 826

To early to talk Barber Nov 9-10 ?

I hope to be there both days. Hopefully, I busted something in my ohlins 30 forks at barber this past weekend. Not a crash just 2 massive tank slappers out of the infield and some extreme braking took its toll on the big girl. I've contacted Thermosman so I should be back going by Nov.
  2. roy 826

Ready for Barber

In for the whole weekend this go around. First ride back with NESBA after a trackday layoff (of a few years) and a crash upon my return back in March at Talladega. Rode with STT back in June at barber after repairing my bike and myself. Felt good but I'd be lying if I said I was 100%, still...
  3. roy 826

I'm coming back

I left track riding november 2010. I was riding a '07 GSXR600 back then. It was nicely equipped, ragged looking but ran well and handled great. I am coming back to the track in 2013 on a '11 GSXR1000. I bought it Jan '12 and rode it as a streetbike until nov '12. I have been converting it to...
  4. roy 826

'07 GSX-R600 race/track

I bought this bike back in '08 from a WERA racer. It has been and outstanding motorcycle. It literally screams! It came with a bunch of go-fast stuff and I have kept it up as far as maintenance goes. Of course oil changed every track weekend. I only used it for trackdays no racing. I will try...
  5. roy 826

Are there any Ohlins USA events on the schedule?

Just curious. I have an issue with a front fork that needs correcting.
  6. roy 826

BIG thank you to John Allen

Just wanted to say it again in public. You patiently took the time to work through the logistics and allow me to use my saturday rain credit on Sunday. It is personnel such as yourself who make this a really good trackday organization. I enjoyed the day!! and I will continue to support NESBA. Roy
  7. roy 826

Slide into T7 saturday

"A" group 3rd session out right before the lunch break. I slid sideways for what seemed like the entire braking zone into T7 then just took it to the gravel and rode back down the hill to re-enter the track in front of the museum. I was 2nd or 3rd out in the "A" group the rest were behind me...
  8. roy 826

600 fuel usage at Barber?

How much race fuel do you use on a 600 with a race fuel mapped power commander? Say you do all the sessions in one day, 5~6 gallons or more? I would use 7 gallons pump gas on a bone stock GSX-R1000. Never done a trackday there on a 600 only a race weekend and you get less track time on a race...
  9. roy 826

Barber '07 GSX-R600 gearing A class

What is it? 16/45 or 15/45 or something else. I used to run 15/45 on my '01 and '04 GSX-R600's (3.00 final ratio) but the '06~'07 models have different ratios to begin with stock is 16/43. Old 600's was 16/45 so the new 600's are geared taller stock. I have a 43,44,45 & 47 rear along with a 15...