Search results

1. thumpin250

rain tires experience.

What's the feel? do they need any heat to work? Do they have any habits to speak of?
  2. thumpin250

2011 R6 tech questions

I need to know if anyone has a thread for disabling the kick stand switch, also after throwing on a new mid-pipe and exhaust i've got a preety noticeable hesitation in the throttle coming on and wondered if the best way to cure this was to get a fuel module, pc,bazzaz that sort of thing?
  3. thumpin250

Case covers?

Is there a specific design that it needs to be for ccs? Does it need to be the full cover or do the ones that cover the lower 1/4 still count?
  4. thumpin250

R6 bodywork

just picked up a 2011....is it just me or does no-one make bodywork that fits the stock exhaust system.
  5. thumpin250

getting steel lines made

There's a local buisness could make me some in probably 10-20 minutes for about half the cost (guess-tament) Is there anything particular in the making of the lines that wouldn't be in the scope of a buisness specifically dealing in hydrolic lines, or is a steel braided line....a steel braided...
  6. thumpin250

Buying salvage bikes.

Does anyone know a dealer or repair shop that will make purchases on your behalf at insurance auctions? :dunno:
  7. thumpin250

GSXR Throttle transition

So the girls k8 750 is really a pain coming off the throttle. Its like a jake brake comes on when you roll off the throttle. Is this just a normal habit for the bike or............................
  8. thumpin250

Girlfriend needs help with streetfighter headlight istallation

Hi, I need help putting a streetfighter headlight on my 08 gsxr750. I have 3 main plug'ns for the headlights... The headlight I am attaching has three main wires: green, blue, and white (ground). The green wire spilts and goes to all lights. Blue goes to headlights. The issue is I only get...
  9. thumpin250

Bird Hunting

I find myself in need of a special forces unit to breach&clear out my barn where my bikes are being tortured. Every other morning i walk out and find that i have a new 40 pieces of do do covering my seat and tank......i don't think my clear coat can hold out much longer and they keep seeming to...
  10. thumpin250

Forks in the tree

I was wondering about changing how far up or down i have them and wondered what kind of change it would have on the handling of the machine, pro's n con's, etc. :notsure:
  11. thumpin250

2008 2007 zx6

Gal pal of mine is about to pop with her second child so she could use some extra cash as you may imagine. So this is the info she gave me. Two Kawasaki ZX-6R Motorcycles for sale purchase BOTH at $10,000 obo! 08 Kawasaki ZX-6R less than 2k miles black special edition $6500 07 Kawasaki...
  12. thumpin250

Who do you have for insurance.

I was looking for some insurance to cover my closed course fun. I was peeping at ridersurance.com anyone have it? Would certainly like to hear who you use to keep you out of the financial doghouse.
  13. thumpin250

bike purchase opinion.

So i'm looking at grabing an 08 R6 for a mere 1k the bike is in decent shape but the motor spun a bearing. The gentleman i would purchase from bought it as a parts bike he says. He dosn't have a title. I checked the vin with the state and it is clean but has a lien on it. If i'm going to use...
  14. thumpin250

race of lemons

http://www.24hoursoflemons.com/........any of you chicago folk ever participated, looks freaking fantastic.
  15. thumpin250

Supersport build.

Could i have a financial flashlight pointed towards what it would take to have a good enough machine just to make it threw qualifying?
  16. thumpin250

Making a supermotard?

So i finally got a little bit of get it done attitude and i wondered if anyone has put together a supermotard and if there was anything terrible complicated other then get slicks and put them on? :popcorn:
  17. thumpin250

Endurance racing (5hr)

So what kind of tires do any of you run for such events? Also with just two riders and no such thing as crew what will it be like? Any and all experiences would be nice to hear about.
  18. thumpin250

Girlfriends bike broke down

so driving to work today i was coming to a red light and started slowing down. I thought i heard something but couldnt tell if i did or didnt over traffic and the next thing i know my tac isnt working and the more i come to a complete stop the more power i lost from the engine until it was dead...
  19. thumpin250

Radiator leak

Is there any product that you'd trust to run threw your system to seal up the leak.
  20. thumpin250

2006 cbr600rr

Looking to upgrade to a newer ride so this one has gota go. Bike had 3,600 miles on salvage title. Damage was done to front of bike and i replaced: forks,tree,stay,cluster. Only non stock part is EBC rotors put on early this year. Bike was used for one race day and 4 track days. Has optimal...