Search results

1. L

Finishing Race Fairings How-to needed

I just ordered some fairings for my zx6 that I'll be having to finish and paint when I get home in a couple weeks. Is there any good "how-to" tutorial out there? If not, any tips or how-to's that you guys have from self experience would be appreciated. I'm just planning on using can spray...
  2. L

Track Fairings question...Superbike tail vs Supersport tail

I'm about to order a new set of track fairings if I can't find any quality used ones. What's the adv or disadv of getting a supersport (uses the stock seat) tail vs a superbike tail (uses foam pad)? The superbike is a little more expensive but not enough so that I wouldn't go that route if it...
  3. L

Pirelli Diablo Superbike Pro tires.....Where to buy???

I live in NW florida near Pensacola. I'm just trying to find the best place to order a set of Pirelli Diablo Superbike Pro's from online to get the best price. I've had a hard time finding places that sell them so far. Thanks.
  4. L

WTB Leathers size 42

Well after some research and help from a couple others on here, I think I need a size 42 leather suit. Let me know if you guys have anything I might be interested in. I'd prefer a used suit that hasn't been down but I'll take a look at anything near that size that might work. Just for...
  5. L

Need leather suit fitting advice

I'm looking to get a new set of leathers after my last crash. The set I had were a size 44 from jackets4bikes and I want a better quality suit now. The old set fit a little looser than I would think it should but I'm worried that any smaller and it won't work with my height. Unfortunately I...
  6. L

WTB Leather Suit

I'm 6'1 around 170lbs, 33in waist. Anyone out there have a suit that would fit me that's in good shape? Just thought I'd see if there's any good used suits out there before buying new. Thanks.
  7. L

Fairings...which are the best??

I'm about to buy a set of race fairings for my zx6r. I'm most likely going to buy a set of armorbodies/woodcraft fairings and use the NESBA member discount. I did find somewhere that has Hotbodies fairings for a little cheaper. I'm looking for some opinions on what people have tried and...
  8. L

WTB 07-08 zx6r race fairings

If anyone has a used set that's never been down or is in good shape, please let me know. I'll buy new if needed but if id rather find a set of used in good condition. Thanks.
  9. L

DOT Race vs Slicks...Which is more economical??

Well I've finally made the decision to turn my once street/track bike into just a track bike so now the question comes to whether or not to use slicks. I'm wanting to figure out whether DOT race tires or slicks are more economical for track days. I've heard that you can get more days out of...
  10. L

07 ZX6 Fairings

I'm going to have to get some new fairings before hitting the track again this summer. Are there any deals going on for members of NESBA on AB or Woodcraft fairings right now?? Thanks.
  11. L

Tire temperature POLL

So this past weekend at Barber I had my first experience with a high-speed low side. I had forgotten to put on the tire warmers between the 3rd and 4th sessions (stupid me) and ended up crashing towards the end of lap 3 that 4th session. I'm not exactly sure which turn # it was but it was the...
  12. L

28 Aug Barber I group Vids

Anyone have any?
  13. L

sunday barber I crash vid

I was riding a green Kawi zx6 and lowsided in the 4th session....anyone get it on video or any pics?
  14. L

Barber Aug 27/28

I'm surprised that there's not already a thread started. I for one am excited about finally getting to Barber for my first time even though I've been going to tracks for about 2 years now. I'll be there Sunday. Who else is in?
  15. L

Quick tire question

So I need some quick advice for tires for Barber in a couple weeks. I'm using some tires my friend has. They are Michelin DOT races but I'm not exactly sure which ones they are. He has one full set that was ridden at Daytona last fall and are a little over a year old. He also has one new...
  16. L

Which 600 is the most economical to track?

Ok I'm sure that there have been various threads on very similar topics so please forgive me for this one. Here's my situation...I've got a 2007 zx6r that still has OEM fairings and has been lightly crashed once at my 3rd trackday at CMP. Some of you may actually remember it last July in the...
  17. L

Question for those who've ridden NSS

Hello everyone, so I'm about to register for the Nashville under the lights track day and I'm torn on which group to register for. I've done 3 track days so far, all in Intermediate at Talladega, Jennings, and CMP and I'm usually somewhere in the middle of the group speedwise but the last was a...
  18. L

Tire Help

So I have a set of Dunlaps, I think the GP-A's that I used for a trackday last July. I used warmers so they were only heat cycled once. I've used tires for multiple track days in the past but never with so long in between. I'm wondering if it's been too long and if they'd still be safe to use...