Midwest "Bounty Hunter" Robert Jensen's 2008 GSXR 600 – $5200

ken_618

Bike is located in Chicago suburbs / southern WI

Robert Jensen is retired now, but in his time he was known as “The Bounty Hunter” who set many lap records across the Midwest and at other national tracks.

In the fall of 2009 I bought his 2008 GSXR 600. I used it for NESBA track days until their Midwest region closed. Since then I have only ridden it for 2 track days and one Jason Pridmore class. I always had the bike serviced by Joe Denowh at Turn One Racing. Anyone from NESBA Midwest can vouch for Joe’s character and competence, not to mention his riding. Time and life have marched on, but I have been slow to let go of the bike.

I’m probably going to miss some things, but here’s the run down on the bike:

Clean title (Jensen bought the bike new – I’m the 2nd owner)
Supersport engine build
Tuned for pump gas – two maps (one with less engine braking)
Ohlins TTX shock and 25mm forks (with fork extenders)
Leo Vince full pipe
Dynojet Quickshifter (GP shift)
Ohlins steering damper
Moto-R rearsets, clip ons & case covers
Brembo master cylinder with front brake guard
CRG adjustable clutch lever
Race bodywork (rash on right side)
Newer chain & sprockets
Gilles chain adjusters (& mounts for rear stand)

Extra set of wheels (with old rains)
Front & rear stands
Pit Bull trailer mount
Woodcraft tire warmers (if you want them)

I went off track at Turn 10 at Putnam (of all places on that track!) and from the grass (still upright) the bike slid out from under me and skittered out onto the track. A gentle slide, really, but it did rash the right fairing and tail section. Other than that, all the bike had was a broken foot peg (replaced with same brand) and the stand spool, thus the Gilles referenced above. There were no other issues with the bike at all, but cosmetically it does have those flaws (see pics). The belly pan also had a burn from the pipe when I got the bike. (also see pics) The bodywork is still stout and it just never seemed worth it to me to spend the money to make it a cream puff again. I don’t mind battle scars.

This is a bittersweet sale for me and I’m not a pressured seller, so respectful offers only, please. Email me “ken at danielstrading .com” and we can coordinate a call.

Here’s Jensen on the bike:

IMG_0185.JPG

Here are some pics of the bike now:

IMG_3483.jpg IMG_3484.jpg
IMG_3482.jpg
IMG_3478.jpg
IMG_3473.jpg
IMG_3474.jpg
IMG_3475.jpg
IMG_3477.jpg
IMG_3480.jpg

ken_618

I never asked Jensen how much he weighed but I met him in person and would guess he was in the 160 range. I had sag set for me (was around 200 with gear at the time) and I never had any issues. I remember a NESBA CR told me at the time that if he got a bike with Jensen's setup he would just leave it alone. So, I just had preliminary settings done for me and left it at that. Hope that helps.