03 R6 upper fairing fitment problem

lil_j

So I've been having troubles fitting the upper fairing on my 03 R6, hoping I could get some advice here. The main problem I'm having is I'm not sure what to do about the air intake ducts.

Untitled by koebertt, on Flickr

Untitled by koebertt, on Flickr

I've done a little bit of trimming but the intake on the bodywork seems to be really small both height wise and length wise.

The old bodywork had a expanded intake duct on the bodywork that the air intakes fit into and rested in there. I'm not sure if theres a way i could do that with the armour bodies or if theres a different technique that people use for this. I'm sorry if I'm not explaining my problem very well, I'm hoping the pictures can do that for me.

lil_j

that'd be great if you could help me Ty! Ever since i ran into this problem I haven't had much motivation to work on the bike

Woodcraft

I saw your post and asked the guys from Armour Bodies.....the fiberglass is designed to go over the ram air ducts.....Armour Bodies told me to have to simply expand the inlet a bit with your hand and push it on there with some force, it's supposed to be a tight fit.

barbie3

nice post

Hi, it is a very nice page, it have a nice and useful information, i like it very much. It is very entertaining and also informative Thanks.