09 Yamaha demo dates?

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
Anybody heard anything about the dates/tracks for Yamaha demo days? I really really REALLY wanna get on an R1. :D

aowens2

Well the best way to get on an R1 is to buy my 2006 50th Annv. R1. But if you choose to take the path less chosen, I believe I seen all the tracks and dates on Yamaha's website.

Katie785

Not sure.. may not hear back for a little bit, so hold on... The Demo truck is on it's way to Daytona and will be in Daytona for the next couple weeks.

Chip

I'm signed up to ride a new R1 at Barber on 4/26. Do you get to run some "real" laps, or is it more of a parade lap kind of thing?

styles

Chip;39038 wrote: I'm signed up to ride a new R1 at Barber on 4/26. Do you get to run some "real" laps, or is it more of a parade lap kind of thing?
How did you sign up? I called NESBA a week ago and was told I had to wait until online registration was available which I don't see yet.

barry38

Chip;39038 wrote: I'm signed up to ride a new R1 at Barber on 4/26. Do you get to run some "real" laps, or is it more of a parade lap kind of thing?

I guess it depends on what you consider a real lap?

Chip

When I called I was told I was one of the first to, so he took my info. I work at a dealer so I guess maybe I found out about it early. I was mainly wondering if the demo ride was a slow parade lap, or can we run at a trackday pace?

justariot66

You will be surprised how quick they let you go on free bikes. You could definately drag knees if you were so inclined.

Motomoon

I rode a couple R1's and R6's the other night. Bikes are in and the demo schedule will be up soon. The Rig is on its way to Daytona and I have been left unsupervised with both new R1's and R6's and a currently registered license plate in my hands for the next 10 days.

Motomoon

I have been left unsupervised for the next 10 days with a couple new r1s and r6s and a registered license plate in my hands:D

beac83

Motomoon;39124 wrote: I have been left unsupervised for the next 10 days with a couple new r1s and r6s and a registered license plate in my hands:D
:idea: If I fly out, can I join you? I'll bring my tag. :)