10/5-6 Lightning Pics Vids

andykurz

Blueberry;291300 wrote: Thanks for posting- I was behind you at the start there and had the camera rolling too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BIH6F7Zrqc

When they held us at the start then let everyone out at once I knew it was gonna be a "camera worthy" session!:popcorn:

Glad you are OK! :cheers:
Thanks for posting your video, can I ask you one question about your shifting?

Coming into one and seven, the big braking zones on this track, it seems like you clutch in, and downshift three gears, and clutch out. Is that correct? It's not every time, but sometimes it seems like you are shifting more than one gear at once.

To everyone else, do you do this too? I clutch in, downshift, clutch out, and repeat until I get to the desired gear. This obviously takes longer. Any risks of doing it the way Blueberry is doing it? Thanks.

Blueberry

Good discussion question. I'll have to go back and look closer at the video, but I actually do what you do- clutch in, down a gear, clutch out, clutch in, down a gear, clutch out, etc. My gear indicator may not catch up until I'm done down shifting but you should hear the multiple down shifts. I also rely on the slipper and don't blip the throttle to help speed up the process.

I'd be interested in others sequence and approach to these types of corners too (including braking) as it's been something I have been working on this season.

borislav

Control Rider
I do it , after every front straight and also Lightning before turn seven etc.
I like it because it is fast and I don't think you are losing anything except maybe a little engine braking because you don't release the clutch two more times! But if you are good on brakes you can compensate for that and more!!!
I have been doing this for years now and IT WORKS FOR ME!
You should learn how to blip no matter having slipper clutch or not!

Myers

Control Rider
I do both...it really depends on my carrying speed, traffic & how hard i am pushing...head down...2-3 gears clutch out and rear end all over the place...sliding into turn.... traffic and setting up an exit pass...blip...control bike traction and suspension upset...squat the rear and pass. Anyone who has ever ridden behind me probably has seen the bike dance into the corner

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

borislav

Control Rider
Ballpeen;291564 wrote: I do both...it really depends on my carrying speed, traffic & how hard i am pushing...head down...2-3 gears clutch out and rear end all over the place...sliding into turn.... traffic and setting up an exit pass...blip...control bike traction and suspension upset...squat the rear and pass. Anyone who has ever ridden behind me probably has seen the bike dance into the corner

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
Lol Len ,I intentionally left out all the juicy fun sliding stuff but there you have it guys!In the beginning it's scarry shit but later it's fun!

Evil Cupcake

Control Rider
Sunday was the first time on Lightning and was honestly one of the most fun days of riding I had all year. All I could think of was the huge pillars of the bridge and no air fence. Great track, loads of fun, and look fwd to returning in the spring....with more rear tires.

andykurz

OK, thanks guys, that's what I thought. Depending on the lap & traffic at lightning, I go from 6>3 into one, and 5>2 into seven. It's a lot of gears to hustle through.