2001 GSXR 750 swap for 1000 motor

justariot66

I am wondering about a cool little idea I am debating. If i get an 01-02 1000 motor is it a easy swap into a 750 frame?
If anyone has done or heard of it being done please let me know.
My buddy has a 929 and i would love to dust him down the VIR north straight and have him wondering just what the heck is going on here?

Thanks Dave

toptaz1000rr

in 87 used to do it all the time..

called 7-11's ... 750 frame with 11 motors..

may have to change oil pan ... ... as long as mounts are same you are GTG...

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
In 2001-2002 the frame is wider on the 1000's than the 750/600's of that vintage. The 1000 engine won't fit into your bike.

If you haven't already done this, drop one tooth on the front sprocket and add 2 teeth on your rear sprocket and you'll love it.

Wink

I have a 600 engine for that bike, with a polished 750 head.... can you say cheater motor?

Interested?

justariot66

I actually just found a gsxrforum post and the guy put a 1000 in with no trouble. He said he had to shave the engine mounts 1/4 incg on each side but it went right in after that. He also mentioned www.hybridracing.com and said they make a motormount bracket that would make it even easier.

I am going to do more research and as long as nobody says it will twist the frame or swing arm with the extra power i am gonna try it.

Thanks for the opinions please keep them coming.

Dave

twin ty

That 929 shouldn't have much (top end) on your 750....:spank:
I remember it giving all the liter bikes a fit!
If the motor doesn't fit practice setting him up before the straight, thats fun.
Good luck!

Ty

justariot66

I can run with him down most of the straight as my gixxer is pretty quick. I have passed him into 1, passed him between 3 and 4, passed him at the top of the roller coaster, passed him in the left before the "hog pen". Believe me its not just about motoring by him down the straight its about having more grunt everywhere and WHIPPING him down the straight.
South Course is his because of the long staright and my in ability to get a good drive out of "oak tree". I on him right before the drop and can usually pass him at the fish hook. He sometimes gets me back going down the hill but usually he will wait till the straight and just motor by.
I ran a guy on an 07-08 gixxer 1000 at south and was SHOCKED how he would LEAVE me down the straight away.
We both run the front to the "I" group so it would be cool just to have something different.

Dave