2006-2007 Yamaha R6 Upper Fairing Fitment

NegativeCamber

Bob
Control Rider
Just got a set of Armour Bodies fairings. Everything fits great. But, when I bought the bike it didn't come with a front gear cover, so the mounting point for the upper fairing that is suppose to secure to has nowhere to go (see picture). Any ideas? If I don't secure it, will I pass tech for NESBA/WERA? Thanks!

NegativeCamber

Bob
Control Rider
matt2212;266811 said:
Is it loose and flapping?

Not that I can tell from riding around in my neighborhood. I don't suspect that it would be too much of a problem. Just don't want to go through tech and have someone give me trouble about it. Was wondering if anyone had a clever way of securing it to the bike.

matt2212

I believe that as long as the bodywork is secure you will be fine. Someone else may weigh in here and say different but I think you will be ok

How does it connect to your belly pan and is it secure as a whole unit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NegativeCamber

Bob
Control Rider
The upper secures to the lower with 4 Dzus fasteners. Everything is on there solidly. I just don't have the front socket cover for the lower portion of the upper fairing to mount. I'll just paint it so it blends in :) worst case I just saw it off.

matt2212

IMHO as long as the whole unit is secure you will be fine for NESBA tech idk about WERA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D-Swens

You should be fine as is...

but, you can go to Home Depot or Lowes or any hardware store and just buy a 1" wide strip of aluminum. Put a couple bends in it to make a bracket that attaches to the sprocket cover mounting hole, and then attaches to the bodywork. If you want to be fancy, you can put a 1/4 fastener on one of that too. Pretty much what they do on a lot of very high-end superbikes ect

Ruhe52

Go to a shop and see if they have the post that goes on almost every lower for the goofy reflector. It looks like a loooooong nut with a bolt hole in the middle or order a 2005 GSXR 1000 reflector mount for front. It screws in and gives you a perfect place to bolt up to. I will try to find you the part number but Delta in flight internet sucks huge donkey balls right now.

Lonewrench

Just get the countershaft cover installed and be done. Who cares if the fairing flaps around......you like your toes?! cover that shit up like a wart on yer ass and be safe.