2020 season is starting...

Discussion in 'N2 Paddock Section' started by bmart, Mar 8, 2020.

1. bmart

bmart Control Rider

...so what are you doing to get back into "the mode?"

Working out?
    Eating better?
    Counting your money in "tires" (I saved 7 tires worth so far this month...)?

I find that I'm trying to look further ahead no matter the vehicle I'm in/on. With the way folks drive these days, we tend to have to look very close to our vehicles.

Being light on those controls.

Understand the limit of grip in any particular situation (don't ask my girlfriend about doing that in the green wagon yesterday on the way to a "healthy" cheese steak). Who could resist six rotaries?

upload_2020-3-8_12-10-25.png

Rich likes this.
  2. tdelegram

tdelegram Control Rider

Just back from 17 miles of single track (met some trees personally, they were not nice), off to ycrs in 2 weeks to focus on some weaknesses.

3. bmart

bmart Control Rider

Trees are hard...and unforgiving.

tdelegram likes this.
  4. darth nater

darth nater Staff Member Control Rider N2

Did 150 miles on street today with my dad. Not same as track but good for shaking some basic rust off. Also been working out for last month and dropping weight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. bmart

bmart Control Rider

We should probably plan to incorporate the elbow bump instead of handshakes and fist bumps, to help keep us all healthy and riding!

6. vinny337

vinny337 Vin is in...Beastmode! Control Rider

Nothing...I stay in Beastmode all the time. :D

Lenny ZX9R and adotjdot like this.
  7. bmart

bmart Control Rider

Like this? :)
    [​IMG]

vinny337 likes this.
  8. tdelegram

tdelegram Control Rider

Beast mode you say?

what are your plans this year Vin? Running a whole ccs season again? More coaching?

9. tdelegram

tdelegram Control Rider

I don’t understand why there is rifling, it’s not like you would aim 1 of the 4 barrels.

10. vinny337

Yes Beastmode! and my plans are to do whatever fits my schedule.

tdelegram likes this.
  11. Dom17

Dom17 Intermediate Intermediate

Dirt bikes all winter long. Also re-listen to Ken Hill

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

CBRtist, Skip777 and Lenny ZX9R like this.
  12. bmart

bmart Control Rider

Speaking of Kens, this is one of my old riding buddies from up north, and one of only a few people I know who've actually written a book.

https://www.ridinginthezone.com/

Dom17 likes this.
  13. HondaGalToo

HondaGalToo Control Rider

I've met Ken! I'm actually doing one of his Riding in the Zone street training days. What's not to like about riding through MA/VT?

14. bmart

bmart Control Rider

It is a beautiful part of the country...but I'd still rather be here in NC for the weather and the riding.

HondaGalToo likes this.
  15. teresa23

teresa23 New Member

leg endurance workout...
    start with 1 minute per posture... takes about 6 months to ramp up slowly to the 3 minutes per posture (just rest or stretch the remaining 5 minutes). maybe in a year attempt full 5 minutes per posture only after you have conditioned the legs. option: add weighted vest.

and a must do dynamic mobility drill of baby splits and cougar squats:

also check out twitch.tv on your smart tv or browser and watch free classes. like yoga east austin channel. their classes for hips with Tessa, Gabe's kinsiostretch and Gil's rocket yoga are great.

I'm available to help too.
    instagram.com/teresa_waters

CBRtist likes this.
  16. bmart

bmart Control Rider

I count daily breathing as exercise (which is more than my 401k is doing these days!). You're really "getting it done!"

17. CBRtist

CBRtist La Loca Staff Member

Again, anyone that totals his bike, helps the crash guy load it after the fiasco, and then is shopping for a new bike in the paddock after IS beast MODE. I'll never get over that or telling that story lol.

I'm procrastinating from doing all the bike stuff I said I needed to do before the shut down lol. The only person that got a ride in was my daughter Ria, at an open mini day, then the shut down came. Back to procrastination...... and eating.... and excuses. :whistle:

cumberlandjack and vinny337 like this.
  18. vinny337

Hahaha Feels like it was yesterday!

The good news is you have time...you got this Wendy!

CBRtist likes this.
  19. Raceless man

Raceless man Member

I am trying this..my friend said I should use 2 masks because of the higher pressure.

Attached Files: